Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spring Hearing resluts

The continuous bass season ( question 11 ) PASSED!!!!!!

https://dnr.wi.gov/About/WCC/Documen...allResults.pdf

2. Member
    O hell yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!! So next year then I hope. What awesome news!!!!!

Sweet!

4. Member
    Not sure this translates into a new ruling just because the majority voted "yes". I think it may have to go before the DNR board?
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

5. Member
    Not a ruling. A suggestion.

Good news but I am sad to see rule #10 passed...some of these trophy regulation lakes in far northern WI have extremely delicate ecosystems and just do not need tournament pressure on them
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

7. Member
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    Good news but I am sad to see rule #10 passed...some of these trophy regulation lakes in far northern WI have extremely delicate ecosystems and just do not need tournament pressure on them

8. Member
    Do you think people misunderstood "catch & release" as releasing immediately after catch and not after dockside weigh in?

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    Do you think people misunderstood "catch & release" as releasing immediately after catch and not after dockside weigh in?
    I never thought of that and they certainly could have. I just think a lot of tournament guys want to go fish tournaments on these trophy lakes. I fish tournaments myself but I am aware of the potential negative impact it could have on certain fisheries and think it is just unnecessary. Hoping if that does become a new rule the DNR employees in charge of permitting tournaments will think it through and deny permits on said "delicate" bodies of water.

10. Member
    Im not aware of many of these proposed rule changes that pass that DONT become law? Last year's advisory question was a "suggestion"... this is a proposed rule change. There is no reason it wouldnt be written into law if the majority votes yes correct? Why would they even do these things then?

11. Member
    I't possible that the release can come as late as 8 hours after the catch.....in my book that is not "Catch and Release"
    I don't know many smallies that would be in good shape after spending all day in a livewell

12. Member
    A few years back year long bass season made it all the way to Walker but he shot it down. Hopefully the same doesn't happen this time.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    A few years back year long bass season made it all the way to Walker but he shot it down. Hopefully the same doesn't happen this time.
    Yeah but evers? That *****, unless he can find a way to tax it, it'll never happen.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    I't possible that the release can come as late as 8 hours after the catch.....in my book that is not "Catch and Release"
    I don't know many smallies that would be in good shape after spending all day in a livewell
    so you’re saying every smallie weighed in a tournament will die?
    I’m guessing you’re just a tournament hater!
    Pool 10

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    I never thought of that and they certainly could have. I just think a lot of tournament guys want to go fish tournaments on these trophy lakes. I fish tournaments myself but I am aware of the potential negative impact it could have on certain fisheries and think it is just unnecessary. Hoping if that does become a new rule the DNR employees in charge of permitting tournaments will think it through and deny permits on said "delicate" bodies of water.
    Regarding #10. The local biologist will still have the last say on whether the trophy water will get a tournament permit issued. There have been occasions that the biologist denied permits for a 10 boat club permit on some of my local lakes. They said that lakes are too small and fragile for a tournament but the daily limit is still 5 fish 14".

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    Regarding #10. The local biologist will still have the last say on whether the trophy water will get a tournament permit issued. There have been occasions that the biologist denied permits for a 10 boat club permit on some of my local lakes. They said that lakes are too small and fragile for a tournament but the daily limit is still 5 fish 14".

Just curious, why even file for a 10 boat permit? Im under the impression you can have up to 19 boats w/o the need for a permit.
    Cheese County Bass Club

Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    Just curious, why even file for a 10 boat permit? Im under the impression you can have up to 19 boats w/o the need for a permit.
    this is true but then legally you cannot "cull" without the permit

18. Member
    Correct, about the legal culling. The club is very by the book.

19. Member
    Ok
    Cheese County Bass Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    Yes hopefully the local biologists will still have the authority to do so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast