Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    A few years back year long bass season made it all the way to Walker but he shot it down. Hopefully the same doesn't happen this time.
    This^ I’ll be thoroughly shocked if Evers signs that through. We all thought for sure if anyone was going to do it it would have been Walker.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    This^ I’ll be thoroughly shocked if Evers signs that through. We all thought for sure if anyone was going to do it it would have been Walker.
    I heard the reason Walker shot it down was the Wardens wrote a report stating they did not have enough staff to police the new law and in order to do so would cost the Dept. more money to staff up to police it. Walker saw extra $$$ and shot it down; the number the wardens listed was exorbitant.

Weird thing is that panfish is open year round and apparently they aren't policing that to make sure people are actually releasing game fish they catch....not sure why any staffing change would have to occur.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightWKNF View Post
    I heard the reason Walker shot it down was the Wardens wrote a report stating they did not have enough staff to police the new law and in order to do so would cost the Dept. more money to staff up to police it. Walker saw extra $$$ and shot it down; the number the wardens listed was exorbitant.

Weird thing is that panfish is open year round and apparently they aren't policing that to make sure people are actually releasing game fish they catch....not sure why any staffing change would have to occur.
    Most of the time when you're after crappie with a 1/16th Oz jig, you're not accidentally hooking into largemouth or musky, so there's not a lot of that going on anyway.

I agree though, I don't think much, if any, staffing change would be needed. The people that are going to break the law and keep them out of season will do so regardless if it's catch and release or closed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    Yeah but evers? That *****, unless he can find a way to tax it, it'll never happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12