Jack Plate opinions

I'm looking for advice on what hydraulic jack plate to install on my 2017 ZX 250 appreciate any pros/cons on the following hydraulic plates:

Bobs:

Atlas:

Seastar:

Thanks
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

2. Member
    www.hydrodynamics-usa.com

These are not hydraulic but they make a plate specific to the ZX model.

3. Member
    Never had a problem with either Atlas I have owned. Never hear too much bad about Bobs. Cant speak much for the Sea Star. Either way each will do what you want. If I were to do it again. Price would be my deciding factor.

4. Member
    Not trying to jack your thread but can any one confirm if this is accurate? I have a 2017 as well that came with the Manuel plate, Skeeter dealer advised me not to switch plates because of the sealant Skeeter uses at the factory. They said there is a good chance removing the existing plate will take some glass with it and would need repaired if that happened. I was wanting to put a hydraulic plate on mine as well. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gotmy5 View Post
    Not trying to jack your thread but can any one confirm if this is accurate? I have a 2017 as well that came with the Manuel plate, Skeeter dealer advised me not to switch plates because of the sealant Skeeter uses at the factory. They said there is a good chance removing the existing plate will take some glass with it and would need repaired if that happened. I was wanting to put a hydraulic plate on mine as well. Thank you

That is true. It most likely will remove some fiberglass when the jackplate comes off. That's what happened to my 2015 ZX225. The dealer told me it was likely to happen, but I didn't care. I knew it could be repaired. I'm still glad I got the Bob's. I wouldn't have a manual jackplate.

The Bob's is super sweet, but the bolt heads coming out the side make it difficult to mount a Power-Pole bracket. It can be done, but you need a special spacer to make it work. The Atlas has a flat side, so the Power-Pole bracket mounts flat against it. I wouldn't get the Sea-Star. You can't attach a Power-Pole to it.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    I had a Sea-star installed on my 2016 ZX225 when a purchased the boat. I have had zero issues with it. It is smooth to go up and down and pretty quick at it too. I have two power poles and the emergency boarding ladder installed on it without issue. When I bought my boat, Bob's was in a "make only when ordered" phase and it would have taken quite some time to get theirs. I have had Bob's on two different boats and had no issues with either. No experience with Atlas...

7. Member
    Put an atlas in my 17 FX21 and it’s been great. Faster and quieter than my sea star I had on my last boat. Really like the digital gauge.

8. bash11
    Sorry for write here. i was thinking to install a TH Marine 6´´Pro Hi-Jacker manual on 2013 TZX 180

Will be good deal?

thank you
    Last edited by bash11; 05-02-2019 at 07:13 PM.

9. Member
    I work with a dealer, and have been playing with the new Bobs Jackplate and it is really nice. Have been running the atlast for a few years, but the lift on the bobs is stronger and much faster.

10. bash11
    any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by bash11 View Post
    Sorry for write here. i was thinking to install a TH Marine 6´´Pro Hi-Jacker manual on 2013 TZX 180

Will be good deal?

thank you

That's a little off topic. It would be better to start a new thread. While I'm here, I'll say that I would use the set-back recommended by Skeeter. It's 12" on most Skeeter boats, btw.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

12. bash11
    my boat is TZX180 (17'8) with Yamaha F115LA. maybe 12" will be big for my rig?

Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    That's a little off topic. It would be better to start a new thread. While I'm here, I'll say that I would use the set-back recommended by Skeeter. It's 12" on most Skeeter boats, btw.