Lake Monroe Lodging

Looking at bringing club to Monroe. Used to stay in the hotel by the marina....just noticed it is no longer there. Any suggestions? 20-25 boats. Also....what has the fishing been like this far south on the St. Johns?

I actually had a pretty decent day there Friday...and it was the first time I had ever fished this end of the river. Fished for about 2 hours and caught 4 (I think), one was a healthy 5.5 lber.

Sorry...don't know much about the lodging...I live too close to worry about a place to stay.

Excuse the fuzziness...my dear old Aunt took the picture, bless her heart.
    Last edited by Hez; 04-17-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    I actually had a pretty decent day there Friday...and it was the first time I had ever fished this end of the river. Fished for about 2 hours and caught 4 (I think), one was a healthy 5.5 lber.

Sorry...don't know much about the lodging...I live too close to worry about a place to stay.

Excuse the fuzziness...my dear old Aunt took the picture, bless her heart.

4. Member
    There are a few of the Choice Brands Hotels (Comfort Inn, Etc) in Sanford off of Rt 46. Also one of I'm not sure at the 1st exit on I-4 North of the Lake in Deltona. New Holiday Inn Express at the Deltona/Orange City Exit at Saxon Blvd.

Now as to the Fishing. It MAY be getting better but it has been Terrible ever since the Hurricane Irma came through and raised the water level by over 8 feet. Not kidding. Huge Fish Kill, Fish were laying dead along the banks everywhere and it stunk bad.

While you might find a nice one every so often, most days it was a whole lot of casting for empty hooks. Word is that a lot of fish got swept down-stream and from Lake George North the River is fishing great. South of Astor, not so much.

I live not far from there and used to fish it all the time, haven't for several months due to it being so sucky. Maybe you will have better luck. Ramps are full every weekend.