2005 Ranger 519VX with Suzuki DF175 with 8" jp

I will be setting up the boat above with an 8" manual jp. Have a PT RKR4-25 on my old Stratos FS the motor is coming from. I've read enough to know this isn't the right prop. Anyone with direct Suzuki knowledge on a Ranger and sort of where to start? I'm thinking a 27p cupped prop. I don't have the motor on yet, so I don't know any specific measurements just that I'm 100% confident that my 25p isn't enough and stretching it to 26 probably isn't enough either. I've read of guys having to go to 28-30p due to the gear ratio of 2.50:1 of the Zukes. I'd rather my WOT not be pegging 6100. More like 5800-5900 maybe.

Tia

2. Member
    I've got the same engine on my Bass Cat Pantera and I've yet to get it propped correctly. I've tried a 27 Suzuki 16in prop, a worked 25p Suzuki (currently running), a 29p Bravo and a 28 Pro Max. I can turn all those to the limiter and the fastest I've seen is 61mph. All come out of the hole just fine. I talked to a couple prop guys and they said by calculations I should be running a 32 Bravo. Which I'd love to try but have not found one yet. I know that seems like a monster prop, but with the lower gearing it is having no problems turning a BIG wheel...