Carpeted Step Box - looking for details & photos

EDITED: I talked with the guys at BassCat (they are extremely nice!!). I was worried about this being a 'custom' build and not being able to return it. They said - I can return it with no questions asked. They don't have any problem selling these things, even custom ones. So - I ordered one!!
    I'm crossing my fingers this thing fits exactly as expected! THANKS !

Does anyone have one of these - as seen on their website?
    https://www.basscatstore.com/carpetedstepbox.aspx

Please pardon - don’t kick me out - I own a 2017 Bass Tracker 175txw.
    I’m looking to put this on my boat , but interested in more information.
    This will be a custom size and I want to get it right. I’m pretty sure I can’t return it ( custom)

I’ve searched and talked to Allen at Bass Cat.
    The length front to back - lists 17.5” for all. Seems that’s a standard ? Is that 17.5” at the bottom or the top? (knowing it’s beveled and longer topside). I might be able to work with this size. Width will be different ( smaller).

The max distance I have at the base would be 17”. Not worried about slight overhang at the front edge if I know it’ll work.

Do these come with hinges at the bottom? ( I think I can re-use the one on my center seat if needed)

How’s this hold up to a lot of stepping? I fish on the back of the boat and am stepping on this spot (OEM
    setup) a lot!!!!
    Anyone have photos of the underside?
    Sorry for all the questions!
    Thank you for your time!!
    Last edited by Janster; 04-17-2019 at 10:33 AM.

2. Member
    This is a very sturdy box. My partners and I step on it all the time throughout a day. I'd be glad to shoot you some photos when I get my boat back if someone doesn't do so beforehand.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    This is a very sturdy box. My partners and I step on it all the time throughout a day. I'd be glad to shoot you some photos when I get my boat back if someone doesn't do so beforehand.
    Thanks! And actually..........no need. I was worried about this being a 'custom' ordered box that I'd never be able to return it - if it didn't work. I talked with the guys at BassCat (they are sooooo nice!!). He explained - I can return it with no questions asked. They don't have any problem selling these things (even the custom ones).

So, I ordered one!! I really hope it fits/works. It'll do exactly what I was hoping for!
    Thanks again!

4. Member
    See this old post on BCB about replacing/installing the step box.
    Includes some pics, and you may be able to use your current hinge - it does come with a hinge.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...0.html#p170293
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>