Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megabass Orochi Rod Application Chart

Can someone post a copy of the Megabass Orochi rod application chart. The page on the web site has been 404 for months now. Thanks
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Its being revamped as the new Orochi XX are a different blank that the first gen versions. Other features of the site are being revamped as well. Please hang tight.

Ok thanks. Suggestions for a CB rod for cranks under 12’ on braid, a rod for Ricos on 17-20# mono for big fish and a rod for 1/2 -3/4 oz spinnerbaits? Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Ok thanks. Suggestions for a CB rod for cranks under 12’ on braid, a rod for Ricos on 17-20# mono for big fish and a rod for 1/2 -3/4 oz spinnerbaits? Orochi
    CB under 12'- depending on size of crankbait/weight of CB I would consider Jerkbait Special, Flatside Special, Diablo Spec R or Swingfire and for bigger baits the Launcher. The Swingfire and Launcher are true CB rods.

Ricos- Flat Side Special

Spinnerbaits in your range- Diablo Spec R, Tour Versatile or Perfect Pitch.

You will notice same rods mentioned for multiple techniques and that is due most if the models being really versatile.

5. Member
    How about something for throwing super spooks?

Why the flat side special over the jerkbait special for ricos. I kinda slash a rico hard and fast. I don’t do the let it sit and twitch thing. You think the FSS has enough tip for that

Why the flat side special over the jerkbait special for ricos. I kinda slash a rico hard and fast. I don’t do the let it sit and twitch thing. You think the FSS has enough tip for that
    To me the Flatside is stouter. I throw Pop Max's on it fine. Also the Diamantes.

Quote Originally Posted by bunz559 View Post
    How about something for throwing super spooks?

Flatside Special or Diablo Spec R is my choice.

Ok. Got it.

One more ? if you don’t mind. I throw a rico a ton. In your opinion, what would be the ultimate rico rod if I were to consider the destroyer series.

10. Member
    Ok. Got it.

One more ? if you don’t mind. I throw a rico a ton. In your opinion, what would be the ultimate rico rod if I were to consider the destroyer series.
    I'm guessing the new Otomat? It seems to be specifically for poppers/walking baits
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Ok. Got it.

Absolutely the brand new US Destroyer Otomat... it's made for top water baits, but is also an excellent crank bait jerk bait rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Absolutely the brand new US Destroyer Otomat... it's made for top water baits, but is also an excellent crank bait jerk bait rod.

This.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    This.
    What line do you guys use for a combo jerkbait/topwater rod? Obviously not fluro. I personally use a copoly or mono.

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    What line do you guys use for a combo jerkbait/topwater rod? Obviously not fluro. I personally use a copoly or mono.
    I use 10lb Sunline Super Fluoro on jerkbaits and Sunline Supernatural mono on topwaters.

15. Member
    I use 10lb Sunline Super Fluoro on jerkbaits and Sunline Supernatural mono on topwaters.
    Yes but what if you only got one rod for each.. guessing mono.

Whichever you like better...personal preference. I dont like fluoro for topwater and dont like mono for jerkbaits.

The best "all purpose" line I've found is Sunline Shooter Defier Armilo. It has noticeably less stretch than something like Sunline Supernatural, but is still a 100% nylon so it will float for top water fishing. It really is a spectacular line when you want to cover multiple applications.

18. Member
    Flatside Special or Diablo Spec R is my choice.
    Hey Mark, I'm looking into a spinning rod that'll 95% be dedicated to drop shots.It looks like the Whipsnake is the suggested rod, but with that kind of weight rating, will a 1/4 ounce weight and 6-7inch fat worm be over powering? Sometimes I like to jump to 3/8 ounce drop shot weight to get do those deeper fish at 50ft. Would you suggest the Shakeyhead rod as a more versatile rod to accomplish this, or it it too stout?

The other 5% of time could be throwing weightless flukes or neds.

19. Member
    I use a 1/4 all the time. Haven’t had any issues with it feeling underpowered.

Hey Mark, I'm looking into a spinning rod that'll 95% be dedicated to drop shots.It looks like the Whipsnake is the suggested rod, but with that kind of weight rating, will a 1/4 ounce weight and 6-7inch fat worm be over powering? Sometimes I like to jump to 3/8 ounce drop shot weight to get do those deeper fish at 50ft. Would you suggest the Shakeyhead rod as a more versatile rod to accomplish this, or it it too stout?

2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

It will probably feel just fine for you. I would consider type of water cover wise etc as well to see if perhaps the Shakeyhead might fit you better because as you noted it is a tad stouter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast