HDS Gen3 Update 18.2

I have read page after page about the problems people have had with this update. That is why I have left my Gen3 units at 7.0. I'm curious if there has been anyone that has had a good experience with the latest Gen3 update, especially if they are networked with a Carbon. Anyone?

2. Member
    I have no issues with the latest version of 18.2 on my Gen 3, not with Carbon nor with Live. The first version of 18.2 casued several issues regarding networking.

3. Member
    I have Gen'3 on 18.2-60.1.142 networked with a carbon 18.3-61.1.133, no known issues. Did update, then hard reset and do not re-install settings.

4. Member
    No issues at all with 18.2-60.1.142
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

What was the version previous to the latest version? Just wondering as Lowrance backed up my software to 7 to "fix" my gen3, and this was just a few months ago.

6. Member
    The latest version is 18.2-60.1.142 or 18.2 for short. The version prior to that was 7.0 the one that gave us fish reveal.

7. Member
    I loaded the 18.2 updated in December while I was doing some work on my boat. This was on a Gen 3 12 and 7 networked. It worked OK at first and then started with the DI/SI and Sonar freeze ups. The sonar images were also complete garbage no matter what settings I tried. I also had issues with my mapping freezing up while running down the lake. My maps have never locked up or blanked the screen out while trying to refresh. It started with error messages about files ready for transfer even though I deleted any and all files. After doing another clean install of 18.2 the problem was immediate. Thanks to all of the folks on here who posted links and updates of the problems they had with this update I went back to the previous update and both of my units work like normal again. I followed every step of the process including fresh memory cards and resets and could not get my units to function with this update. I will not be updating until after some significant community testing has been reported back on here. There are way too many people having the exact same problems to be "user error".

Quote Originally Posted by Nicron View Post
    I loaded the 18.2 updated in December while I was doing some work on my boat. This was on a Gen 3 12 and 7 networked. It worked OK at first and then started with the DI/SI and Sonar freeze ups. The sonar images were also complete garbage no matter what settings I tried. I also had issues with my mapping freezing up while running down the lake. My maps have never locked up or blanked the screen out while trying to refresh. It started with error messages about files ready for transfer even though I deleted any and all files. After doing another clean install of 18.2 the problem was immediate. Thanks to all of the folks on here who posted links and updates of the problems they had with this update I went back to the previous update and both of my units work like normal again. I followed every step of the process including fresh memory cards and resets and could not get my units to function with this update. I will not be updating until after some significant community testing has been reported back on here. There are way too many people having the exact same problems to be "user error".
    Same for me. I guess some gen 3's just won't run the newer software.

9. Member
    I also had the same issue with 18.2 I bought 2 NIB HDS Gen 3 last winter that came with 18.2, I used the 7 for ice fishing it was totally unusable rolled it back to 7.0 and it worked flawlessly. I haven’t even used the 9 yet but I am it taking any chances I rolled it back to 7.0.

10. Member
    I did the 18.2 update on all 3 of my gen 3 units a month ago while my boat was in the shop with an engine rebuild. I've been logging hours for breakin the last few days and haven't really used ss or sonar until today. All 2m3 have the freezing/stopping issue with both ss and sonar. I deleted the 18.2 and reinstalled the 7.0 on 2 of the units, but I cannot get the bow unit to show the 18.2 so I can delete it. Tried to install 7.0 without removing 18.2 and no luck. Ss on the unit at the console that did rollback to 7.0 still has the freezing issue. No issues with any of the units till the upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated.

11. Member
    Mt HDS12 Gen3 had worked flawlessly but after the upgrade to 18.2 it had a freezing issue (about 2 weeks ago). I changed out my Ethernet cord to the HDS Live and everything now works great.

12. Member
    Hopefully I've done something wrong during the software rollback. I have 7.0 on a card, both my console units went directly into updating, but after they restarted they were still on 18.2. I went I to my files, found 18.2, deleted it, then the 7 0 version shows it"'s running. Freezing issues are still there. Can you walk me through the rollback to make sure I didn't miss a piece?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    I have no issues with the latest version of 18.2 on my Gen 3, not with Carbon nor with Live. The first version of 18.2 casued several issues regarding networking.
    3 - 9" Gen 3's(purchased in the final month or 2 of availability), Xi5, 3D, TH150, HDI, Point 1, all fully networked and working fine on software version 4.?? I believe. Only issue is TM150 occasionally locking into 5' depth screen becoming unusable, still can't figure that one out.. I've followed most of the 18.2 or 7.0 talk here for awhile and have been hesitant to fool with a working system. Any idea why so many are having issues with 18.2, yet not all? Is it simply earlier builds, later builds? I'm sure there are plenty of experienced users that simply can't get it sorted out on 18.2. New cards, hard reset, don't save settings, etc., it doesn't seem to work for all.

TM150 set at 105, ping 15, normal scroll, can't figure out the depth range issue, resets itself after awhile but I typically just switch to the HDI.( significant downgrade). Any ideas there? Thx for any input, cheers.