Stratos Hot Foot Install Help

Trying to get this hot foot installed and order the cable today. How is the cable run from the factory? I could come out of the hole above the hot foot with the rest of the wiring and loop out and around and into the hot foot, or I could drill a new hole where I put the black mercury sticker and come out and into the hot foot an install one of the covers in the picture over it. Would like to know how Stratos does this from factory. 2008 200 XL. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bassprokd; 04-16-2019 at 07:38 AM.

2. Member
    I think mine is run strait back and goes through near the corner under the seat. I don't remember exactly where, but I know mine does not go through the hole with the rest of the wiring. I'll try to take some pictures when I get home tonight. Also not sure if it was factory installed as the hot foot was in the boat when I bought it used. Hopefully you'll get some other input too.

3. Member
    I just by chance happened across this picture a minute ago in a thread about maximum size graph at console. Looks like it does come out further back towards the seat. Thanks for the input.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Yep. Mine looks a lot like that. It goes through under the seat through some sort of oversized grommet. Here are two pictures:

aUgeDQn.jpg 5Avfaoy.jpg

I installed the top load hot foot pro so that I could bring the cable in with the factory bundle of wires and steering cables. I also really like the top load mount as I think it looks a little cleaner. The pedal also feels nice on bare feet if that's how you roll in the summertime.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

6. Member
    Appreciate you sharing the photo...Cable arrives tomorrow. I already received the standard hot foot so will have to drill the hole.