Reversed the polarity XR6

serial number 0T702047

went to pick the boat up from winter storage and I hooked the battery up backwards. I only used the trim to raise the motor but noticed because the switch was reversed. There was no key in the ignition and no attempt to start. Is there a possibility that I screwed something up.

thanks in advance

Bob

2. Member
    possible ,yes check wirring and fuses on mtr, see if itll start , see if itll run
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Joe, I’ll start it up this weekend, I’ll check the fuse and inspect the wiring. Without the key in the ignition is it possible for hat without the connection to the starter that there was no charge to the motor? Sorry if that makes no sense, I’m literally the worst possible person to inspect electrical. Visually I can inspect for burnt wiring and I can check a fuse, if she doesn’t run I’ll just be adding it to the list of my spring tune up.

my insurance made me clean up my wiring and put caps on all the terminals and now the accessories cables would not reach battery on the back deck, normally I just touch the leads to just raise the motor to get the transom saver on to get it home from barn storage, I just put the battery in backwards, stupid mistake.

thanks,

bob

prolly ok if power didn't get past the key switch,check the big fuse in the red holder on the powerhead,,,try to start,as suggested,I've seen the old inline 6's blow a switch box doing that,,

5. Member
    Thanks guys, crappy weather up here the last couple of days, may try to start it tomorrow. I’ll check he fuse aswell

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    prolly ok if power didn't get past the key switch,check the big fuse in the red holder on the powerhead,,,try to start,as suggested,I've seen the old inline 6's blow a switch box doing that,,
    +1 me too and regulators and rectifiers
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................