Mounting an Ultrex on Triton

Anybody have any trouble with the cable that comes out of the motor resting on the trim switch on the bow panel when the motor is stowed? Also where are y’all mounting your heading sensor?? Thanks in advance
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

2. Member
    I took the whole unit off the mount and flipped it end over end (will have to experiment which way to flip it) to get the cables to lay in a different position. It’s almost a 2 man job though.

3. Member
    I just Finished installing a Ultrex 54 inch shaft on my TR186. The cable does lay over in the direction of the trim switch but does not interfere with it. I put the head in sensor just to the right at the front of the well that holds my foot-pedal. I would attach picture, but it never lets me.

I just installed one on an 04 TR21. No issue on mine with the trim tab. I placed the senor to the left of the foot pedal. I don't trust some of my knuckle head friends not to step on it if I placed it to the right.

I didn't when I installed it the first time but when I took it off to have the pedal fixed, it started interfering. As CH mentioned, I need to flip the pedal over to get the cable to lay in a different spot but I'm lazy and haven't gotten to it yet.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    Thanks for the input guys! I will take the foot pedal out and twist it to get the cable to lay in a different direction.
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

7. Member

8. Member
    Anybody mount their heading sensor here? I am really undecided about where to mount it. Got the ultrex mounted and 3 new batteries installed and all I have left is mounting this little puck!
    puck.jpg
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Anybody mount their heading sensor here? I am really undecided about where to mount it. Got the ultrex mounted and 3 new batteries installed and all I have left is mounting this little puck!
    puck.jpg
    I don’t see any problem with it as long as you have something solid to screw it into. Just like mine, normally I never would’ve put it next to the well where the footpedal goes but with all my other equipment now there, it is not going to be in the way to be stepped on anyway. I think that spot you have picked out would be fine.

10. Member
    Well, I had a couple of guys tell me to run a compass around the areas I considered mounting it and looks like there was a lot of interferance in that spot, so I decided on a spot just past the rod locker on the passenger side.
    puck1.jpg
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

11. Member
    You want the heading sensor installed close to the trolling motor as possible and lined up with your keel.

12. Member
    Photos from my 2007 TR-186.
    Last edited by JordanC; 04-18-2019 at 08:26 AM.

13. Member

14. Member
    [URL=http://s188.photobucket.com/user/metal-rules/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5B817D0B-2EB2-458B-8A93-39F99D013D42.jpg.html][/

15. Member

16. Member
    Where I mounted mine works perfectly. I like it close to the trolling motor and in line with the keel......it paired up instantly and spot lock / Jog works great.