Trailer keeps blowing fuse.

2004 Stratos trail trailer. I have had an issue for years of the backup lights blowing my fuse in the truck. So then the backup solenoid won’t activate. It was an intermittent problem and would only blow a couple times a year. Can’t find the issue. This weekend it blew 3 times, so I assume it’s a rubbed wire, but the wires are inside the tube frame. It doesn’t blow when I use my other trailers.
    Anyone had this issue and find a known issue?
    May have to just unhook the wire to the lights and see if it still blows with just the solenoid hooked up.

2. Member
    might be a solenoid shorted out with low resistance?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    I am starting to think that is the issue. Checked my wiring and cannot get a short to ground anywhere.

4. Member
    I found my trailer ground wire connector not very good and added a new eye and then added a ground to the bottom of the solenoid in the existing #8 screw holes to make sure it was getting good ground.
    Maybe that will help. If not, will replace the solenoid.

5. Member
    Does your trailer have two rectangular reverse lights on each corner of the rear trailer? I had issues with my solenoid sticking up the brakes. i replaced the entire ufp assembly. Think it cost me like $190 from California. It had one ground for the light. I added a second ground and no issues since...

6. Member
    Added a 2nd ground to what?

7. Member
    I added a second ground to my trailer.