Quick Question - New Boat Owner

I will be picking up my new Nitro this week and was curious to know if I can head straight for the lake to begin my break in or do I need to go through the registration process before I can legally be on the water. Is it like buying a new car and you get a temporary tag that gives you some time or do you need those registration numbers the minute you hit the lake? Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    You should get temp registration numbers from your dealer before you leave. Take some time before you go to the ramp to make sure you have all required safety gear on board.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

3. Member
    I would think you need to check with your DMV, state lake patrol or whatever Missouri has to find out for sure. The requirements would be speicific to your state. Congratulations and tell us what your got.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    Every state is different.

5. Member
    At Illinois,when you fill out your paper work.you will get copy one for the temporary permit.but every state is different.call the DNR,they will answer all your questions.a phone call better than a ticket.good luck.