Question Skeeter Cover vs Aurora Cover - Pros/Cons

Hey guys, wanted to get some feedback on Skeeter's factory cover vs Aurora's cover.

I'm looking to purchase a new one for storing and trailering. I store outside and would like to keep it as dry as could be in the boat.

I have upgraded to 52" Ultrex with dual Helix 10's so the cover I have now is showing some wear in certain stress parts.

Also, can I treat my factory cover with 303 Aerospace Protectant?

Thanks all !

2. Member
    Doesn't Aurora make the covers some Skeeter dealers sell? Didn't know Skeeter made covers.

3. Member
    I have a 2016 zx 225 and ordered the factory cover with my new boat. It overall... is a very nice cover with a very snug fit....and goes down the road very nicely. It has innovative Velcro flaps to access the fuel filler and the driver's side area where the on board charger plug is located along with the ignition and power switching center is...very Nice! These are the positives.....there are negatives as well as always...here we go there are three MAJORs...the first and most important to you as you have stated that you will need to store your boat outside..is the the design on the Velcro flaps that accesses the ratchet straps and the ratchets themselves...the flap lets water into the pocket where the ratchet is and the ratchet is of cheap painted metal which rusts rapidly and the ratchets begin to function improperly...I have to lube mine every off and on with the cover and they still are corroding...if Skeeter were to just turn the flap the other direction, this would not happen. Secondly...the cover has two bare metal s hooks that attach to the jack plate in the back before you tighten the ratchet straps...they should be coated so they don't ding the gel coat when someone who is nice enough to help you cover your baby doesn't know they will ding it and oops!...the third...and only due to where your profile states that you are located which if you are not in New York..this one would be first on the list as it is in my opinion for my location....is the fact that the cover is black and does not breath well at all. It creates an oven of which your baby will bake in when left in the sun on a hot day. I have had to replace my windshield as it got so hot it became deformed severely from the heat build up. I have had decals fall off of my trolling motor from the heat build up too...and cannot imagine what the electronics have gone through as they are built in stock.(for now) I presently live in N.E Georgia and have a permanent site for our camper right next to a nice lake about 1 1/2 hours away and use to leave my bug there when I knew that I was going to return the next weekend....learned the hard way last summer...I only leave it there now in the fall and spring...and trailer it home to its garage all summer long. I have lived in South Florida for 25 years prior to Georgia and owned a hand made to order Big-O Boat with a custom cover and never had a problem with the heat build up...it was grey in color and of a different material...not sure what the material was. I would not purchase a factory Skeeter cover unless it was used for trailering only and never stored outside daily. I know very little about the Aurora other than a lot of guys on this forum like them...When I get to the point of needing a replacement cover for my bug...I am going to take a serious look at Aurora. Hope this helps!

4. Member
    Thanks EDW for your reply !!!

5. Member
    I have an Aurora cover and love it fits like a glove and trailers great
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

6. Member
    you are most welcome Off and Running