Brake line broken, can they be ordered?

Hello BCB and BBC. I was replacing the bearings on one side of my trailer and when I pulled the caliper and bracket off, the brake line did not come with it, DOH. It has been broken for some time because the master cyl is of course empty.
    It has a hard line along the frame, to a flexible brake line like on an automobile, to a bent 6" section of hard line then the flared end and fitting. My question is can Basscat sell me a Pre-bent hard brake line to the Caliper? or Has anyone tracked down a steel braided brake line as an upgrade with the correct threaded fittings on each side or am I SOL and going to be bending my own and flaring the ends??

I can post a pic if needed. 2005 Single Axle trailer, Port side.

Thanks all.

2. Member
    You can buy steel brake lines and bend them yourself. Just need the proper fittings on each end.

3. Member
    I just replaced one on my 2006 Bass Cat trailer today. You can get the steel piece from any auto part store. They are 3/16 with US threads and about 6 to 8 inches long. They also sell a cheap tube bender for around $5. If it was only 1 side, look at the other side for the way it is bent and how it is routed. My caliper came loose and caused mine to shear off. Once you get it back together you will need to bleed the brakes. Refill the reservoir and start at the wheel furthest away. Once that is done go to the second one and bleed that. Make sure the reservoir stays full so you don't suck any air into the line.

4. Scraps
    I would switch over to the plastic lines. Can be ordered to a specific size and way easier to work with than steel lines.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I would switch over to the plastic lines. Can be ordered to a specific size and way easier to work with than steel lines.
    no such thing as plastic brake lines? rubber maybe?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

They are reinforced brakes lines and vinyl coated, they are not plastic through the lining. Check the bronze fitting and those are usually sheared from a road impact with something that flew by it and caught the bronze fitting.

Also the brake lines are bent custom at the time of the install, they are not pre-bent.

7. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    I'm sure I'll have more questions on bleeding the brakes when I get to that point. I'll do a search first.

8. Member
    I've seen the plastic/nylon lines used in racing. Best I know they are not DOT approved

9. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    no such thing as plastic brake lines? rubber maybe?
    Flexible brake lines, howz that? A lot of newer boat trailers use them and I'm certain they are DOT approved. I replaced one line on my trailer after shearing the fitting behind the solenoid.

Go here:

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...nes_c_383.html
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    I got the brake line fixed over the weekend. What I did was cut the line off about 3/4" back from the break, and did a re-flare there and was able to use the factory 4" section of brake line still. My master cyl had run dry and there was a fair amount of rusty goo I had to fish out so that had me concerned about possible clogs. Getting the flow going was a pain but once the fluid got back to the furthest caliper I saw my flare was leaking so I had to lose another 3/4" and do it again. 2nd time was a charm then I bled each side caliper twice. I spun the rotor and manually actuated the brakes and they grabbed so it should be good.
    One thing I will say is performing a brake bleed every 2 years ain't a bad idea to keep the reservoir looking good, mine was ugly inside.

Trailers sit and the heat doesn’t build in the fluid, thus the moisture absorbs into the DOT3 fluid.