Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVX 1880. 115 Merc Pro XS

I see a lot of posts about the AVX 1980 speed, mid 50’s . Anyone have the AVX1880 with 115 Merc Pro XS, and what kind of MPH you are getting ? Appreciate your input .

2. Member
    I hear high 40s and some kissing 50.

3. Member
    Top 51 mph in perfect conditions, 48-50 typical.

4. Member
    It seems you could say that the most realistic top speeds with tackle and passenger for the Vexus AVX series boats might be stated to be: 1880/115hp - 48mph, 1880/135hp - 54mph, 1980/150hp - 58mph, 2080/200hp - 68mph.

But, this is an Internet forum so opinions will vary and rightfully so. It’s what makes America great or great again - depending on your point of view.

Much like in the Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby there will be some essentially identical Vexus boat/motor combos that will be faster or slower. It’s inherent in the building process. It’s why the NASCAR “backup” car isn’t quite as fast as the one they chose to run in the race.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. Stinnettjn1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    Top 51 mph in perfect conditions, 48-50 typical.
    Same here with half a tank of fuel, full livewells, and all my tackle. Pretty good load.

6. Member
    I'm getting 46 mph. 23p tempest
    2019 Vexus 1880, merc 115

7. Member
    Thanks Jimbug, that’s what I was looking for. Love the white color also! How do you like the Evinrude G2? Back in the mid ‘80’s I had an 85hp Evinrude, great motor, the past few years they have had quite a few issues, but sounds like they have a pretty decent product again ?

8. Member
    Thanks for the info Stinnettjn, that is what I was looking for . Does the 115 Pro XS get the boat up on pad okay ? All the videos I see are mostly on the 1980. Have not decided between the 1880 and the 1980, all depends on pricing when ready to purchase, hopefully in a month or two.

9. Stinnettjn1
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeReel1951 View Post
    Thanks for the info Stinnettjn, that is what I was looking for . Does the 115 Pro XS get the boat up on pad okay ? All the videos I see are mostly on the 1980. Have not decided between the 1880 and the 1980, all depends on pricing when ready to purchase, hopefully in a month or two.
    For me and the setup I have it is decent. It doesnt necessarily jump up on pad but is not a slug by any stretch. I would guess 4 seconds to get on pad with full load. Half that with a light load.

10. Member
    Thanks Jimbug, that’s what I was looking for. Love the white color also! How do you like the Evinrude G2? Back in the mid ‘80’s I had an 85hp Evinrude, great motor, the past few years they have had quite a few issues, but sounds like they have a pretty decent product again ?
    I love it so far, but I’ve only been out in it twice so far. A short test drive on Lake Allatoona 03/28, and a longer trip to get a better feel for it 03/30 on a nearby lake. I bought it without electronics from Bay Marine, so I have been waiting for all of those things to be installed since 04/04. Should be ready tomorrow or Friday, and I will have another test run with the new graph, foot throttle, e-link, and blinker trim to check out.

In my two runs it did 55 on run #1 with the two of us in there for a test drive. Jody (salesman) had a gps on his phone to check the speed. Then when I took it out I had no gps to check speed, but it turned about 61 or 62 on the Vexus speedometer. I suspect it was in the 57-58mph range. On both trips the Evinrude was still double oiling with XD100.

If you get one and it doesn’t matter which one, you will get a lot of attention. When I was pulling it with my wife along, she said every man we passed on the road turned their head to look at it as we went by:-) And of course they comment at the ramp when launching also. Don’t buy one if you don’t want to get noticed:-)

I have a 1996 28hp Evinrude on my 15’ Alumacraft MV Superhawk bass boat now. My $3000 bass boat will be for sale soon. It is pristine condition for a 1996. It runs like a top. I’ve had Evinrude’s my whole life since I was 12. They no doubt had some bad motors which contributed to their failure as a company. They once had 70% of the market I believe with Johnson & Evinrude. That company is gone. BRP (SeaDoo) (SkiDoo) is in charge now after the bankruptcy, and I have read about all there is available about the new company and was familiar with them from flying on Bombardier commercial jets over the years. The design of the G2 engines in particular are fascinating to read about from an engineering perspective. I talked with the owners of Evinrude dealers, Evinrude service reps, people who have been running G2 motors, and after my research I feel like it is a very good motor. Especially for this pretty heavy Vexus aluminum bass boat, it jumps out of the hole in 2 seconds. Keith Daffron - Vexus CEO could be running any motor he chooses on his VX20, but he has an Evinrude G2 250hp.

11. Member
    Thanks for the info Jimbug. I have been on that dealers website a couple times, Bay Marine. He has a white AVX1980 on there with the G2, priced at 35k. I do believe that also is without electronics, but it does include the Victor Package. That is about as good a price as I have seen anywhere. Also, good to hear positive reports on the G2. Love the way it looks on plane !

12. Member
    My bad there Jimbug, I was on Days Marine site in Frankfort, KY. He has the boat described, above $35,856.00.

13. Member
    My bad there Jimbug, I was on Days Marine site in Frankfort, KY. He has the boat described, above $35,856.00.
    That’s a good price! Especially if it includes an Ultrex, but even if it is a Fortrex it’s a good price. Sounds less than if you built it on the Vexus site, but not knowing all the options it’s hard to say. One thing I’m pretty sure of is these prices will be higher next year, but then there also might be some gently used models available below retail.

14. Member
    513.jpg
    I see a lot of posts about the AVX 1980 speed, mid 50’s . Anyone have the AVX1880 with 115 Merc Pro XS, and what kind of MPH you are getting ? Appreciate your input .

ProXS115, Tempest Plus 23P, No Jack Plate - 51.3 mph on GPS

15. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Great numbers

16. Member
    Still breaking my mer 115 in about 6 hrs on it I'm getting about 48 with 2 people 1/2 to full tank of fuel and 1 person 49 to 50 mph no jack plate either hopefully alitte quicker after breakin but I more than happy with boat and Motor
    Last edited by James 10; 04-29-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Is anyone running a 115 with a jackplate on an 1880? If so what speeds are you seeing?

18. Stinnettjn1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Is anyone running a 115 with a jackplate on an 1880? If so what speeds are you seeing?
    Have hit 51 with myself and full load of tackle. 46 with 2 guys full live well and full load of tackle.

19. Member
    I have the 189 with the 115 Pro XS, and I get 46-48 depending. My best was 48 by myself half tank of gas and full tackle load. I want to hit 50 just to say I did, with colder temps and less fuel I think I can do it. Either way plenty fast for me and love the hole shot.
    2019 Vexus 189 Mercury 115 Pro XS Twin Helix 9's Minn Kota Ultrex

20. Member
    My top speed is 49.2MPH GPS so far.

With 1/4 tank of gas, solo rider, with compartments full of shit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast