Kentucky Lake 4//14

Yesterday about 20 of us fished a small cub tourney out of Ken Lake ramp. It took 2 for for 11 lbs. to win, 2 for 10 was 2nd, and 2 for 6 was 3rd. It as rainy and very windy. The air temp went from 55 to 45 during the day. Water temp was 61-63. I caught 12 shorts, but no keepers as did most guys. I did see Asian carp in the shallow water in many areas. The buck bass were shallow, so I backed off to 8-12 feet looking for good fish moving up, to no avail. The guys that caught good fish caught them on jigs and chatterbaits. I threw swim jigs, squarebills, rattle baits, spinner baits and bladed jigs, plus a wacky rig trick worm and even a ned rig. The lake has been tough for us this year and last. 12 of our club members have lake houses and we are all over there quite a bit. Hopefully fishing will improve. I know the water cooled off some with the storms, but I though we should have caught them better. We primarily fished the west side from Cypress creek to Sledd creek but never find any kind of pattern. Good fishing to everyone.

2. Member
    Nice report. Thanks

3. Member
    I was on N. Barkley yesterday giving my boat it's initial run for the season. Fished for 45 minutes on one bank. Had 2 keepers around 3lbs each and 2 shorts. Lost 2 more that felt like shorts. Was fishing a staging bank with rock/wood and lead in channel. All came on ned rig.