Thread: Ultrex antenna

Ultrex antenna

Can someone verify for me if the puck is heading only or position as well. I see a lot of people mounting the puck behind the drivers seat and curious if it being closer to the bow will improve on accuracy or not.
    Thanks
    2015 Phoenix 819

Quote Originally Posted by JSU Fishing View Post
    Can someone verify for me if the puck is heading only or position as well. I see a lot of people mounting the puck behind the drivers seat and curious if it being closer to the bow will improve on accuracy or not.
    Thanks
    iPilot is GPS inside the top of the motor. The separate puck is a Heading Sensor that talks to the iPilot via Bluetooth.

The Heading Sensor (compass) just needs to tell the iPilot direction for the Jogging feature. It can be just about anywhere that is not affected by ferrous metals, magnets, or high current and the Bluetooth signal can get to the iPilot.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I assumed that was the case but other comments I’ve read about location made me wonder if it had another function other than heading.
    2015 Phoenix 819

Quote Originally Posted by JSU Fishing View Post
    Thanks Wayne. I assumed that was the case but other comments I’ve read about location made me wonder if it had another function other than heading.
    The combo iPilot with Heading sensor can be used as GPS/Heading with Humminbird units if the iPilot is the LINK version (Ethernet connection). It can replace the Humminbird Heading Sensor/GPS antenna.
    It is selectable as a GPS source in the Network menu:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    That's a sweet option. One less magnet to worry about finding a location for on the boat.
    2015 Phoenix 819

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The combo iPilot with Heading sensor can be used as GPS/Heading with Humminbird units if the iPilot is the LINK version (Ethernet connection). It can replace the Humminbird Heading Sensor/GPS antenna.
    It is selectable as a GPS source in the Network menu:

So if I have a Helix 12 G2N hooked to my Ultrex I-pilot link I can put the puck back in the box. by doing the above adjustment ??

7. Member
    Think he’s saying you can use the Ultrex heading sensor for the HB gps as an option. Believe you still need the heading sensor installed and calibrated to use jog feature on Ultrex

I do like the jog feature when fishing deep structure.