Ultrex wiring "plug" popping out

Anyone else having the "plug" (I don't know a better term) popping out....where the curled cable comes out of the head and goes down to the bracket/arm and the rubber piece fits in the hole at the top of the arm?? It has grooves to fit tight in the hole but likes to pop out....and its a MF'er to remove the screws to get it back in...Anyone have any advice?
    Steve

2. Member
    Put your pull cord around the outside of the shaft and use it that way to stow and deploy.

3. Member
    If you don't need to adjust the height of your Ultrex, remove the height adjustment knob and replace it with a bolt. I did that and it has never pulled out since. The cord was apparently catching on the knob when on spot lock.

4. Member
    I just had that issue, except I dont know how to get it back in... what screws are you talking about to get it back into its groove?

5. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=922810

This what you are talking bout?

6. Member
    Yep. I think I figured out how to get it back into place after looking at the ultrex schematic.. I think hah! We'll see

You can get it back in without taking the housing loose.
    A little lubrication around the edges and a couple of flat blade screwdrivers to carefully work it back in.
    And yes the adjustment knob has been known to snag but I figure the release cable gets most of the credit..