Power for Lowrance up on bow

How do I check for power to a Lowrance HDS7 on my bow? Not able to locate any fuses on my 2013 Z520C. The HDS7 unit just quit suddenly one day while I was in Florida. It was very hot and sunny that day and the screen just shut off. Hoping it is a blown fuse instead of the unit crapping out on me. Thanks!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I am no electronics expert, but I have had Lowrance units shut off due to high temperature in direct sun. Shouldn’t happen, but Murphy’s Law. Easy to test for power at the unit by removing the bow panel and using a test light.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    The first thing you need to do is see if you have power to the unit. Check first to see that it's still plugged in. Take off the front panel and see where the power for the unit is connected to the supply, and with a 12v test light check to see if you have power. If not, then begin to track back to the battery. Check the connections there up front, and then check under the dash. The feed for all the front panel comes out of the main switch box / brain, and (at least on mine) the plugs are prone to getting loose. I can push them back in, and all works again. Look at the wires up front (i.e. brown with a green stripe) and find the plug that has those colors in it. Check to see if it's loose. Back to the front - if you have power at the connection then it probably is a problem with the unit. Good luck.
    Bryan O' Z521-250ProXS V8
    Total Recreation Products Inc.
    Commercial Park and Playground Equipment
    totalrecreation.net

4. Member
    Here is an update. I do have power at the bow so I am guessing that my front unit is toast. Well, time to start for a replacement.........

5. Member
    Did you check the inline fuse under the bow panel?? If you know the pin configuration of the plug you could test for power at the unit itself. My guess is the fuse though. It is only accessible by removing the bow panel. Good luck.