Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    That's the way to to go - I had a couple choppy runs over the weekend and never noticed any degrading of my 360 image. Their CS is usually very good about stuff like this.

Pfisher - I don't think brand is critical. Lowes and Home Depot both sell Gardner Bender I believe - link below. After using this I would be hard pressed to ever use epoxy again.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-...-110/100212441
    thanks

Update on this thread.

I sent the 360 in to humminbird for service since it was only 1 week out of warranty they still serviced it for me for free. I just got it back on Friday and installed it that night. I have the transducer shield and saver bracket mounted now as well. Can be found here https://www.transducershieldandsaver...nnkota-ultrex/ I bought this to hopefully help with the bouncing and shaking of the 360 transducer in rough water. It does help the bouncing but not as much as I thought. Anyway humminbird replaced the transducer but kept the same shaft so I’m pleased with that. The heading direction is always perfect now. First day out with it I ran hard though some white cap water. I was running with the waves just flying about 60-75 mph. Motor was coming out of the water and I was beating it up pretty good. I ran like this for 10 miles. When I stopped I put the trolling motor down in the water and the screen was blacked out. Took 40 minutes for my image to come back. I was pretty disappointed because I was hoping the bracket would help it enough to never go black again but it didn’t. The 360 never went black again the rest of the day because I never pushed the boat that hard again. I ended up ordering some stainless steel knobs like I posted earlier in this thread so that way I can remove the 360 and lay it on the deck when riding in big water.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    I just purchased the transducer shield and saver stabilizer mount for the 360. Hopefully that helps fix it. I’m almost certain it’s caused by rough water like you guys said. It’s been beaten around pretty bad and that’s probably the reason why it’s having these issues. I’ve never seen it leak any oil either. I did update to 3.40 this morning and my orientation was correct today. I’ll see what tomorrow brings because it’s supposed to be calm so in theory it should work fine all day long. It might be too late for saving this one since I’ve probably done so much damage to it running around without any sort of bracket for the past year. It bounces around like a pogo stick up there but never hits the ultrex shaft so that’s why I never would have thought it could be damaged but the whole mixing around possibly making bubbles in the transducer makes a lot of sense to me. I got the 360 in April. The first time I really noticed it I was in a tournament in June and made about a 30 mile run in 3ft waves. After that it happened here and there over the next month i noticed it having these issues. Then come August it was unbarable and I hardly even turned the thing on because it never worked right but I hardly ever get calm water in the summer due to either wind or boat waves. Just blows my mind the lady at humminbird that I’ve spoken to twice in the last few months has never in her life heard of this happening with a 360.
    My 360 just started to do the same thing yesterday. It is 2 years old. Yesterday it was dead calm, made a 1 mile run to my second hole (worked fine on first hole) and the 360 would only display a small ring of data while the rest of the display was blacked out. After an hour I turned the Helix off for 15 minutes and tried the 360 again. Same issue but after a few minutes the display started to show more and more data until back to normal. I fished 12 hours yesterday and found that turning the Helix off in between runs helped the 360 recovery time, probably coincidental. Once again, the lake was flat yesterday and I also have the TS&S stabilizer. I used to run/trailer with a block of 360 shipping foam between the Ultrex and 360 shafts. I’m thinking I have lost some oil in the transducer, but have not seen any evidence of that. It also could be a low voltage issue as my Helix shows 11.5 to 11.7 volts.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Thanks for the update Brett - that's disappointing. Will be heading up to Champlain soon so I will see how the rough water affects mine. No problems yet but I will admit there is a difference in how I drive my boat now in my 40's vs how I drove one in my 20's.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12