Braidwood/Mazonia changes

Anybody know about a change to the wind restrictions at Braidwood. Used to be 25mph? Now 12? if you launch before the wind builds are you still good to be on water?
    Also notices a lot of stone piles around at Mazonia are they going to repair some ramps this year? Eagles getting real steep. Pondo just needs a little help. They did Monster last year.
    Please release me,let me go.

2. Member
    Really - they lowered it? We just had a tournament there and I was told that the wind restriction was still the same. Its that's true ther's going to be a LOT of cancelled events out there.
    Michael J. Koenig

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    Really - they lowered it? We just had a tournament there and I was told that the wind restriction was still the same. Its that's true ther's going to be a LOT of cancelled events out there.
    I'm unsure. Hearing it from a lot of people but haven't been able to verify. I'll catch the conservation guys soon enough, just trying to confirm the rumor. Last year we were talking and they said ramp improvements coming so I think that's why we see stone around.

Where did you see this? I have been in wind greater than 12 mi/hr this year out there.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

5. Member
    Found it Sun Times Dale Bowman 4/16 printed what Rob Abouchar said. He says 15mph. And the anglers choice tournament was cancelled. Gonna keep digging
    Last edited by Kodiak16; 04-16-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Found it Sun Times Dale Bowman 4/16 printed what Rob Abouchar said. He says 15mph. And the anglers choice tournament was cancelled. Gonna keep digging
    Is there a way to find out if they are going to close the lake? I was planning on going there Friday and they have over 15 mi/hr winds in the forecast. I sure don't want to drive there and find out if is closed. I can see 20 mi/hr but 15 mi/hr is too low.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Is there a way to find out if they are going to close the lake? I was planning on going there Friday and they have over 15 mi/hr winds in the forecast. I sure don't want to drive there and find out if is closed. I can see 20 mi/hr but 15 mi/hr is too low.
    I don't know. Have not seen it in action. And it is one guy mentioning it to Dale. I would think if your there before the wind picks up your good to go. like LaSalle, Powerton. But I don't know.

I don't know. Have not seen it in action. And it is one guy mentioning it to Dale. I would think if your there before the wind picks up your good to go. like LaSalle, Powerton. But I don't know.
    Yeah I doubt they are going to lock you in if you've already launched. I'll make some calls today and see if I can find out anything.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

9. Member
    Yeah I doubt they are going to lock you in if you've already launched. I'll make some calls today and see if I can find out anything.
    I have never seen the gate closed at the south end, except during hunting. If you go take a look at the sign board might have something.

Just called their office and this is what they told me: If the winds are sustainable at 25 mi/hr then they will restrict access. Today they closed the south ramp but the north is open. When I said people were stating it was 15 mi/hr he responding emphatically "no, no, no-no-no, no." He was very reasonable and stated how people come from a long distance and they only want to restrict the lake for safety reasons.

2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

11. Member
    Just called their office and this is what they told me: If the winds are sustainable at 25 mi/hr then they will restrict access. Today they closed the south ramp but the north is open. When I said people were stating it was 15 mi/hr he responding emphatically "no, no, no-no-no, no." He was very reasonable and stated how people come from a long distance and they only want to restrict the lake for safety reasons.

Thanks for getting an answer. Normal operations!

12. Member
    Thanks for getting an answer. Normal operations!
    Well that's good news!
    Michael J. Koenig

13. Member
    Now all we need is the wind to stop blowing on weekends.

14. Member
    There is a new guy that is making the decision on opening and closings. He has been closing it at 15 which is BS.
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS