Looks like Teckel is rolling out a new bladed jig...

Interested to see how or whether they decide to deal with the Z-Man patent.

I looked for a YouTube link and can't find one as of now. Hopefully this shows up for everyone...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vid...xt=0&width=560
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

2. Member
    Thanks, keep us posted, hope it is more reasonably priced than Zman or SK's latest miracle jigs.

3. Member
    If it teckel brand, dont count on that happening
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

4. Member
    That's a funny looking blade

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Interested to see how or whether they decide to deal with the Z-Man patent.

I looked for a YouTube link and can't find one as of now. Hopefully this shows up for everyone...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vid...xt=0&width=560
    Zman patent isnt worldwide. You cant have a world wide patent. You can hold a patent in different countries. Teckel is a jdm company and this might be the same deal that evergreen did did before zman paid them...made the bait elsewhere. Theres lots of international companies that have a bladed jig with the attached directly to the blade. Just can sell legally where zman has a patent. I also cant see how the blade connects to the video. Its blurred out. Could be teckel or teckel USA.

Selling in the US would still be a problem from a patent perspective regardless of where it's produced though, right?

In any case, it sounds like they've come up with something different. Here was a post re: that very topic from this morning from their Facebook page.
    Thank you for many comments and messages about the recent footage of a new bladed jig I posted. Some people are laughing it's just same as typical "Chatterbait", but sooner or later they will feel ashamed of it when they will see how it works. Honestly this is a totally new bait, which I am really excited to introduce. I like Chatterbait type baits, and will never stop using them in the future. My new bladed jig is different from them. I designed it because I know when and where I need to try it. I am not a shameless copycat.
    Anyway I know I can't sell any bladed jig without Z-Man's permission. I respect any original patent. That's why I went to Bassmaster Classic last month to talk with Z-Man. Please hope and help I will figure out how to sell it in the market. I am sure you will love it.
    It also sounds like it's still a looong way off, so it may be later rather than sooner when we see what it is.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Selling in the US would still be a problem from a patent perspective regardless of where it's produced though, right?

In any case, it sounds like they've come up with something different. Here was a post re: that very topic from this morning from their Facebook page.

It also sounds like it's still a looong way off, so it may be later rather than sooner when we see what it is.

Yes, if they sold in the US, they would need permission. I made the assumption it was going to be jdm specific for the time being. When teckel lures come stateside, they are branded as Teckel USA under lucky craft usa.