Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Price on fiberglass?

Anyone know have a ballpark price on what the 2 fiberglass models are going to be? Obliviously what you put on them matters a ton but in context what ballpark we looking at?

At the classic the VX20 was $76,000 base. The one they used at the reveal was $87,400 loaded up.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

3. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    At the classic the VX20 was $76,000 base. The one they used at the reveal was $87,400 loaded up.

4. Member
    Holy Crap!

5. Member
    DANG that’s all I have to say about that

6. Member
    That is basically the same price as a Ranger. I know I just bought one. I was all over the Vexus at the classic. I would’ve much rather had that boat but there’s no dealer near me.

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    That is basically the same price as a Ranger. I know I just bought one. I was all over the Vexus at the classic. I would’ve much rather had that boat but there’s no dealer near me.
    Spot on. Ranger had a boat at the classic that had a $100k sticker.

8. Member
    90k rigged out

9. Member
    I was surprised that they were that high coming out of the gate, I figured they would be about 10 % less than the top of the line boats, I figured wrong. That is not what stopped me from buying one, I just do not like some of the look it has, will wait a year or two and see what they have, it will be time for another new boat then.

10. Member
    What gave you the impression Vexus would be cheaper than anything on the market, knew the glass rigs would be geared towards the top of the market. Not something I can afford with three little kids, or functional for my use, but great for the market.

11. Member
    Great for the market is 100% right. Never good for any market when one person owns the majority of it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    What gave you the impression Vexus would be cheaper than anything on the market, knew the glass rigs would be geared towards the top of the market. Not something I can afford with three little kids, or functional for my use, but great for the market.
    I figured they would follow what other boat manufacturers did, I think it is a big mistake debuting an unproven product at top tier pricing, we shall see but I predict slow sales for awhile on the glass rigs.

13. Member
    There have already been hundreds of orders taken-with deposits- by people that haven't even seen or touched one.

14. Member
    HAHA

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jchips View Post
    There have already been hundreds of orders taken-with deposits- by people that haven't even seen or touched one.
    I was one of those hundreds, I withdrew my order.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I figured they would follow what other boat manufacturers did, I think it is a big mistake debuting an unproven product at top tier pricing, we shall see but I predict slow sales for awhile on the glass rigs.
    If someone is already mentally commited to order a 65-70k boat then its not much of a stretch to get them to spend 10k more if its billed as the top dog on the water. Perception is a lot of it.

17. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jchips View Post

source.gif

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    If someone is already mentally commited to order a 65-70k boat then its not much of a stretch to get them to spend 10k more if its billed as the top dog on the water. Perception is a lot of it.
    The price did not make my decision, the looks and it not being more of a performance boat did, I am still very interested in future models, will see what year 2 and 3 bring.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    The price did not make my decision, the looks and it not being more of a performance boat did, I am still very interested in future models, will see what year 2 and 3 bring.

Just curious, other than not running 75+ MPH what performance was lacking? The reviews(though just now starting to show up) say the performance overall is top notch.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Just curious, other than not running 75+ MPH what performance was lacking? The reviews(though just now starting to show up) say the performance overall is top notch.
    Speed, sounds like it is a 68 - 70 mph boat at best, other than that it is the look of the boat, me no likey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast