Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    All well and good but if you lose power to your power trim you will be SOL ! Wear your life jacket and have a back up plan !! We leave to go fishing and we plan to go home Be smart and safe on the water !!!

2. Member
    What ladder seems to work with a pair of power poles? I had an all aboard ladder, and had to remove it to fit the new pole on. So...for not it'll be steppin on cav plate. Lol

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    What ladder seems to work with a pair of power poles? I had an all aboard ladder, and had to remove it to fit the new pole on. So...for not it'll be steppin on cav plate. Lol
    All aboard makes a bracket to install with power poles
    I have one that he modified to use with my talons!

Purposely jumped out in about 7 feet of clear water to retrieve a part of my wife's reel that popped off. I coudln't get back in my Lund. So, the wife had to use the trolling motor to take me over to shallow water so I could stand up. Soon afterwards, I installed a boarding ladder.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badz71 View Post
    All aboard makes a bracket to install with power poles
    I have one that he modified to use with my talons!
    I contacted him and we dinked around with options, but due to the design of my tr21 and my pp brackets, we could not get any ideas to make it fit. Believe me, it wasnt what i wanted to do. Some people say the th marine twist step may work. But i havent tried yet. Sold my all aboard last week here on bbc.

6. Member
    Guy in my club tried the step on the cav plate and trim up trick, water was a little cold and he slipped and cut himself on the prop, had to get help getting back in the boat and ended up with several stitches.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    14" setback just moves you farther away
    You got that right. Plus a cav plate is pretty small plus with wet clothes you weigh a lot more. I mean if it works for you, go for it but don't bet your life it will work.

8. Member
    If you are fishing when it is cold you should really have an extra set of dry cloths with you too. Getting out of the water is the first part of the problem.

9. Member
    I have fell out twice, first time I couldnt get back in the boat so I started it up from outside the boat and drove it to the bank while hanging on the steering wheel and the kill switch. Then got back in once I got where I could stand.
    The other time I was in the tops of some trees and hit a log as I was casting. I dropped the rod and grabbed the gunnel to try to stabilize myself, ended up going in head first. I hit my shoulder and my locked my knee when I fell and couldn't get back in. had to stand on the cavitation plate and use the trim to push me back in the boat. It was hell and my knee stayed locked for two days.

10. Member
    Triton built in rescue ladder.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Step 1. Take off your clothes.

Well not sure how he died, but he was naked.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Purposely jumped out in about 7 feet of clear water to retrieve a part of my wife's reel that popped off. I coudln't get back in my Lund. So, the wife had to use the trolling motor to take me over to shallow water so I could stand up. Soon afterwards, I installed a boarding ladder.
    I thought all lunds had the slide out emergency ladder?

Falling out is one thing that’s always concerned me.. Especially, with the physical limitations I have.. In the end, I’m hanging on till either someone comes to help or I reach land..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

E-Ladder, and the sheer will to live. Counted 5 gators within about 100’ of the boat this morning. They’re going to have to catch me before they can eat me.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

All Aboard Ladder

16. Member
    I just removed a folding boarding ladder that was on the transom of my bass boat , because I thought the PO might have used it for kids tubing . Never really thought about trying to get back in my boat after falling out . I'm definitely going to reinstall it tomorrow .

17. Member
    If you can't physically pull yourself back up into your own boat a PFD should be worn at all times. Even if you can PFD's now are so comfortable there really shouldn't be a reason not to.

18. Member
    Boarding ladder on transom.

My Skeeter SL210 Fish & Ski comes with a ladder and we use it a lot in the summertime!

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    My boat has a pop out rescue ladder built into the transom.
    So does mine but i have no idea how it comes out so i guess it doesn't do me much good

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast