Solix - Use while charging batteries?

May be a 'not so smart question'; however, I have always subscribed to turning off main breakers prior to charging. I have seen some videos of folks powering on units (Solix) while charging. I could not find any posts talking about this specifically, but would like a few thoughts on the matter. I have (2) Solix 15s and know that prolonged 'garage time' will draw down to 11V in some cases. I don't know at what voltage issues begin to appear, but would hate to have that happen while downloading software. Thank you for any help!

Well you don't want the units to shut down during a software update. No issue when a battery charger is connected and plugged in.

In a worse case scenario it is better than how I do it in-house with a AC/DC converter if the house power were to go off during an update. At least you would have battery backup.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Funny, I do a lot of garage time to and was wondering about this just yesterday
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    I have always done my updates with units on the boat and onboard charger connected.

5. Banned
    Do it all the time.....

6. Member
    Really no different when wall charging than running unit on the water with the engine running. The battery is a huge buffer so no matter how hard the charger wanted to go assuming it went rogue it would take time to get the voltage up to dangerous levels.