Thread: Gas gauge?

Gas gauge?

My gas gauge is basically showing below empty, when its obviously not. Any solutions?

Also, yesterday evening my switch panel wouldnt work. Turn the power switch on to run livewells, lights, etc and got nothing. Only thing that would happen is the backlights to my gauges would come on when power switched was turned on.
    Last edited by HLG; 04-15-2019 at 10:36 AM.

2. Member
    I don't trust my gauge at all. I reset my merc monitor every time I fill up, and that's how I check my gas. When I used to just use the gas gauge, I'd always fill up at a quarter tank just to be on the safe side. As far as your switch panel is concerned, I'd check your fuses to make sure nothing's blown.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HLG View Post
    My gas gauge is basically showing below empty, when its obviously not. Any solutions?

Also, yesterday evening my switch panel wouldnt work. Turn the power switch on to run livewells, lights, etc and got nothing. Only thing that would happen is the backlights to my gauges would come on when power switched was turned on.

what model boat?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    what model boat?

2018 20PHX

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    check the circuit breakers on the master switch, if these are not tripped and the master is turned on, you may want to check the wire on the back of the main power switch on the dash panel

switch1.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Thanks Drew, i'll give those a look when i get home.

7. Member
    Update: its fixed.

Out of the 4 grounds on the ground bus bar in the transom, 2 of the nuts had completely backed off and the other 2 were so loose they werent making a good connection.