Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Too fast for Hull design

Just because you can don’t mean you should. Do you think some of these boats just aren’t designed to go that fast. I get that some are, but pushing them just to see how fast is playing with fire. Just my two cents

2. Member
    Ya, pretty sure that hull isn't meant for a 400.

No harm, no foul.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here is the write up from the driver, he posted in the General Forum Saturday. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=976705

5. idbefishing
    Wow. Them boys are lucky to be alive.

6. Member
    Those two are extremely lucky to walk away from getting chucked out of a boat doing triple digits.

Speed is fun, and speed has always been part of bass boating. Some guys will always enjoy pushing the limit to see what they can get out of a rig. Nothing wrong with that, but risk is always there.

Wow! I'm just glad that they are ok.
    This is no different than building a race car. You SHOULD know the chances you are taking when doing this and make your best judgement on when to push the limits.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

WTH. Damn.

10. Member
    Ever drive a really high powered street car op?

Same thing...lots of fun

For the record I don't care if I ever go 100mph on water lol, I've 200+ in a racecar but I don't want anything of the sort on water lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    I agree with you. Don’t know what difference it makes. Land or water, a wreck is a wreck. I have an Xb03, don’t take it past 80 mph very often. Guess it’s a mental thing, I love going fast in a car tho. Strapped in a race car versus nothing in a boat, just feel safer.

Why don't you ask him? He's a member here.
    He posted the story just the other day.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceK View Post
    I agree with you. Don’t know what difference it makes. Land or water, a wreck is a wreck. I have an Xb03, don’t take it past 80 mph very often. Guess it’s a mental thing, I love going fast in a car tho. Strapped in a race car versus nothing in a boat, just feel safer.
    Hell I'm not sure I wanna feel 80 on water lol...I've been 70 and that was enough lol...I wasn't driving though son that didn't help ll
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yeah he has been super honest and up front about what happened. He had a blowout while glancing at the iPhone and wasn’t 100% concentrated on driving.

Ive had a few high powered cars, and the one time you aren’t paying attention 100% and get too comfortable they will reach up and bite you!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

15. Banned
    As long as he knows he's playing with fire and doesn't involve anyone else... Have at it... Dan

16. Member
    I’m not doubting his driving ability at all. He takes way further on water than I ever will. I was asking about the hull design of the boat. If it was meant to go that fast. Couldn’t find anything on Veloster boats.

17. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Wonder if insurance will pay doe the damage?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    What exactly does having a "blowout" mean? Did anyone else notice that the prop on the trolling motor started to spin as he hit the higher speeds?
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

19. Member
    The first men to try and take an automobile to 40mph were spoken of like they were crazy. Same with every barrier or seeming barrier to speed in any propelled device. It’s a natural certainty that someone will always think they can go faster and some of those will try to go faster. There are dangers but as long as proper steps are taken to ensure the safety of others and no laws are broken, I say speed on!
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

20. Banned
    Best of luck to all the speed junkies out there, I'll be the guy tooling along at 35. I have zero desire to ride in a boat going half as fast as they were. Please don't run over me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast