Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Indy League Fishing

Id like to publicly Congratulate my Tournament partner Myron/Tritonbass. On his first win on Indy League Fishing (MLF Format) yesterday 4/14 on Lake Lemon Indiana. Bite was tough but he kept his head down and got the win. Congrats buddy. Well deserved. If you Indiana guys are not familiar with Indy League Fishing you need to check them out. Its the most fun you will have in a tournament and likely change the way you fish other tournaments. Go to they're Facebook
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

2. Member
    Congrats...I have a buddy that was in it too. He said it was tough! How many fish/weight did Myron have?

3. Member
    I saw you guys there on 4/13, it would be nice if you would follow the permit procedures like the other club did that was here Saturday so there aren't 50 boats on a tiny lake. Also, Lemon does not allow Sunday tournaments. Did they tow your Trucks?
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

4. Member
    X19indy, who was other group on Lemon Sat, besides Indy Fishing League? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by X19Indy View Post
    I saw you guys there on 4/13, it would be nice if you would follow the permit procedures like the other club did that was here Saturday so there aren't 50 boats on a tiny lake. Also, Lemon does not allow Sunday tournaments. Did they tow your Trucks?
    Hell I might need 2 bags waiting for his reply.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    X19indy, who was other group on Lemon Sat, besides Indy Fishing League? Just curious.
    White River Bass Masters, we had the permit for Saturday.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Hell I might need 2 bags waiting for his reply.
    Not sue what you intent was here, maybe just stirring the pot?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X19Indy View Post
    Not sure here, but if they had less than 15 boats they may not need the permit???

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    Not sure here, but if they had less than 15 boats they may not need the permit???
    Not at Lemmon.

10. Member
    I just talked to Lake Lemon Conservancy and was informed by the person I spoke with, the guys that run the office at Lemon, got into with them on Sunday and read them the rules and informed them, they cannot hold tourneys on a Sunday, they cannot show up unannounced, they have to,fill out a permit and pay 100.0p for it. And,they cannot hold a tourney while another tourney is going on due to,parking. And Lemon Conservancy made them pay 100.00 Sunday. Guys, everybody needs to follow the rules or all it takes is one bad apple to ruin it for everybody and we don’t need a fight at Lake Lemon or for that matter the week before, IFL just showing up anywhere they want without filling out permits. Got enough problems at Gueist in Indy now. IFL did the same thing April 7 at Glenn Flint and it’s only 317 acres big and private lake also. This is going to get ugly for tourney fishermen and the public fisherman also.

11. Member
    Sounds like IFL is dropping the ball...acting like they "own" the place. Sour grapes to them!

12. Member
    Let’s see if they are registered with the State of Indiana and if DNR knows anything also. It may take a couple of days but will report back as IFL has to follow the rules just like everybody else in Indiana or it can get ugly for all. What I see on these small body’s of water is IFL tying up these small boat launches every time they do a period of fishing also..rubbing the public by their congestion when it’s limited docks and a single launch ramp. As well as not following local rules. Right now with a 12 boat limit, even tho they advertise big payout at end of year based on larger boat participation as they are running 3-4 tourney trails per year in states around Indiana as well as Indiana. I am not opposed to this tournament trail, but for everybody’s livelihood connected to fishing and protecting what little we have in Indiana waters, the rules apply to all.

13. Member
    DNR permit office is going to notify Law Inforcement Office and going to check into everything and check their website out and contact info and phone numbers I gave them. Best I can do.

14. Member
    This is kinda funny.

First off DNR permits do not apply for tournaments less than 15 boats. Aside the the two team tournaments they are doing there will only be a 12 boat field at any one time on a lake. So having the DNR look into them for permits on other lakes is a waste of time.
    Second - They did call before hand and were given the ok to fish both days but turns out the person they talked to didn’t know or have the authority to ok this. The guys at Lemon aknoweledged this after they talked and it was all good. They even paid the permit fees as mentioned above.
    Third - 50 boats? ILF had 12. White River had 15 (I think). Saw a few crappie guys and a couple pleasure boats. I fished Saturday and had water all to my self as the lake is 1,650 acres. Only bottle neck was at the end of the day with both tourneys ending at the same time. Most of the White River guys fished alone so it took longer to pull out of the water. Then I saw one of guys that run ILF helping pull the White River guys out to speed it up.
    Fourth - if people think 12 extra boats fishing on a body of water is too many I have to laugh. Geist is 1,900 acres and a 60+ boat tournament fish on Tuesday nights alone.

Overall ILF is very well run. And yes, it does pay out better than anything else out there when factoring number of competitors vs what can be won.

15. Member
    Also, the DNR has no authority for permitting tournaments on Lemon. Lake Lemon is part of a conservancy district and is self managed. The DNR can only enforce state fishing laws there because they have been asked to.

16. Member
    Before you assume make sure you have the whole story!

17. Member
    What kind of congestion are you talking about after the periods? They meet in an area for a small time and then go back out. They don’t get out of boats on docks and they don’t take up Ramps.
    Sounds to me like someone has a stick up his ass and just doesn’t like the ILF format.

18. Member
    They were dam sure all in front of ramp and small dock sat on break making put in and take out congested as hell. I was there. Next time I guess I need to take a pic. You take a single ramp and,small dock and throw 2 different tourneys in the mix even tho the launch times were different and some guys in the mix to fish Lemon took them a hour to get their boats launched. It won’t happen again according to the Lemon authorities so done with this.

19. Member
    And you are right, ILF,doesn’t need a,permit from DNR and has no issues in control at Lemon. And also, I do have a stick up my ass.,

20. Member
    Thanks dusty
    I don't know the details that happened but we were got there before the gate attendant was there and after are first period we were told to pay our ramp fees on our way out as I know I did and hope all the other anglers did. I think ILF is very well ran have not met a bad person in it yet maybe there was some misunderstanding here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast