Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thank you I had 5 fish for 11.5 lbs

2. Member
    When was it so congested? At 3pm when both ended? Maybe that was because the other tourney was fishing solo and was trying to pull their boats out alone. In the second break there was a family pulling in for the first time this year that had a dead battery. I jumped them so they could enjoy their day on the water. Guess they would have gone home if we were not crowding the ramp during our 15 minute break.....

3. Member
    A

4. Member
    I definately did intend for all this arguing. Thanks for all the negitivity from me trying to Congratulate my fishing partner on his win. And before you guys bash ILF, pay your money and come fish an event and see for yourself how its ran. Its ran by 2 guys that are very professional and follow all laws/rules. But im sure miscommunications happen as im sure is the case here. All you guys that are mad and saying negitive stuff im sure are the same guys thats been bashing the BPT. Obviously you dont love bass fishing the way i do. If you did you would support any change that helps grow the sport. But anyway Congrats on your win buddy. And you guys pay your entry and come on out and see how you stack up against these guys.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

5. Member
    I hope Al or another moderator sees this and does something about all the negitive comments. I love BBC but if i cant even Congratulate someone for a tournament win on this site without bad apples ruining it. Then its not something i want to be part of.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    All you guys that are mad and saying negitive stuff im sure are the same guys thats been bashing the BPT. Obviously you dont love bass fishing the way i do. If you did you would support any change that helps grow the sport.
    Ok now just pull the reins in a little. I think the IFL is a good organization and I don’t think they did anything wrong at Lemon. Especially intentionally. However, posts like you made above, give you/IFL/BPT a terrible look. Because I hate the fact that BPT weighs in every one pound, non keeper size fish means I don’t love bass fishing like you do????? You all need to be more careful in your words. Just like when the BPT was bashing the use of livewells that we all used for 50 years and that 99.9% of tournaments and their own anglers still use. You all are alienating people with your silly comments. Just choose your comments more carefully is all I’m saying.

As far as growing the sport.....that about makes many of us want throw up. We don’t have any more room on our lakes to “grow the sport”. This entire thread went to shit, because of overcrowding on the lake. And we purposely want to make that worse??? Look I’m all for taking your kids fishing and such, but unless we can get some more lakes we don’t need to grow anything. We have plenty of fisherman now, and plenty on the way. That’s a phrase used by pros which translates into fattening their pockets.
    Last edited by catch5; 04-17-2019 at 11:52 AM.

7. Member
    Look, someone dropped,the ball at ILF. In deciding to fish Lemon as there was already a scheduled Saturday for another organization to fish on the 14th. You can create all the excuses and lay blame that ILF chatted with the wrong person at Lemon, but call them if you want, all you have to do is call their office. ILF just can’t take any private non DRN lake property, and say they are going to fish it on the spur of the moment and as the new kids on the block, expect everybody to move over and give them space without hell being raised. Look at Lemons point of view. They charge 100 bucks plus launch fees per boat. Think they want to loose that? Nobody paid the 100 till they were made to on Sunday. Then also, ILF, learned, no tournaments will be held on Sundays. Did they know that before they got there? It’s always been that way. It is not a new made up rule. If ILF is such a great tourney trail, have more boats entered than 12 entries. Oh wait. If they go over 15, they have to get permits from DNR and that take preplanning way before the tournament date tomfish State waters. And they have to be at the mercy of DNR approval to know if they got the lake they want to fish. So your now telling me ILF will never grow and stay,the same size it is now to operate as no preplanning is needed and they can just do as they please and pick where to go when they please while everybody else has to follow the established rules. Tourney fishing has always gotten a lot of flack from the general public. It is generating ungodly flack from home owners and lake property owners and in this day and age, is growing and we members of various tourneys do not have the monetary backing or the backing of all other organizations anymore to fight these home owner organizations and Geist Res. proves that. Up at Wawassee, they have a rule, you cannot anchor and fish a private dock. Hard to enforce, but it’s there by the home owners assns. What little water Indiana has is all we have and it’s costing more to launch and fish especially on NON DRN owned waters. and, all these private waters has small launch areas, little dock space, no weigh in areas, small parking areas, and is also, heavily used. ILF needs to do a better to perfect job of coordinating on their part and only then, this won’t turn int to Fubar that it was on April 14-15 at Lemon or anywhere else they want to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    I hope Al or another moderator sees this and does something about all the negitive comments. I love BBC but if i cant even Congratulate someone for a tournament win on this site without bad apples ruining it. Then its not something i want to be part of.
    I don't see anything wrong with the conversation in this thread personally. Someone screwed up, should just own it and not do it again.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the conversation in this thread personally. Someone screwed up, should just own it and not do it again.
    Pretty much how I see it too. IF mistakes were made it’s ok. Just own up to it and learn from it. That’s all. We all make mistakes.

10. Member
    I think the ILF is a great concept in tourney fishing myself. Kudos to those that fish it and to the guys that win. I can see the difficulties in running and pre planning them also. Touble with Indiana is, not much water to share with the masses of fishermen whether they are pleasure types or tourney types of fishermen and no new lakes in the planning stages of the future. We have 2 types of lakes. Private and State. Private has always raised heck with tourney fishermen as well as public fishermen. I would not want to work for the State in the permit offices of DNR trying to schedule all the tourneys, be it Bass, Catfish, and Crappie. Throw in all the non profit tourneys and fundraising tourneys plus small clubs and there are more and more every year sharing what water we have to fish. Add the fact a several lakes in Indiana are flooded, makes it a difficult time to hold events and I just now received flood warnings for local rivers thru next Friday here in central/southern Indiana making this coming weekend an additional problem to add to the mix. We just all need to work at keeping the peace with the masses.

11. Member
    Wow sleep on a thread for a few days and boom. I wondered how this would work out. How many boats did the ILF have?
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 04-17-2019 at 09:19 PM.

12. Member
    12 boats

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    12 boats
    Wow this butt hurt over 12 boats on Lemon. People are just losing there shit over this new format. Some of you guys remind me of a bunch teenage girls bickering about shades of lipstick.

14. Banned
    I'm cracking up over someone calling Lemon a tiny lake... how many on here fished Waveland prior to them permitting tournaments on that lake?

And agreed with the above poster, this is some middle school girl drama stuff...

15. Member
    Lake Lemon is the 11th largest lake and 7th largest public reservoir in Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Wow sleep on a thread for a few days and boom. I wondered how this would work out. How many boats did the ILF have?
    See, I knew I'd need 2 bags of popcorn once this picked up steam.

As far as the worn out "growing the sport" line goes, you can stick that where the sun don't shine!! Between the 8,437 tournaments USA Bassin holds on every mud puddle in the state, you also have, IBF, Hoosier Open, BFL, High school teams, Bass clubs, Tbf clubs and 60k recreational fishermen on our lakes now, HOW MUCH MORE CAN IT GROW?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Wow this butt hurt over 12 boats on Lemon. People are just losing there shit over this new format. Some of you guys remind me of a bunch teenage girls bickering about shades of lipstick.

a true testament to just how bad Indiana fishing is!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    See, I knew I'd need 2 bags of popcorn once this picked up steam.

As far as the worn out "growing the sport" line goes, you can stick that where the sun don't shine!! Between the 8,437 tournaments USA Bassin holds on every mud puddle in the state, you also have, IBF, Hoosier Open, BFL, High school teams, Bass clubs, Tbf clubs and 60k recreational fishermen on our lakes now, HOW MUCH MORE CAN IT GROW?
    You forgot the new youth leagues ;). You do make a very good point, "growing the sport" isnt going to stop though. The fishing industry as a whole made a decision years ago to do their best to get more young people involved as the dwindling participation was going to put a huge dent in profits. So now with the increased participation in the sport taking hold we are going to have to adjust. I believe that is where the catch and release aspect of the MLF format will help us do that. Also by only taking 12 -15 boats the ILF can pick any lake they want within reason and have a tournament they dont need permits or permission from anyone's club for that matter. They dont need to increase the amount of boats per event as they grow, they just have more events. Not sure how many boats were in the club that fished Saturday, but I know that the USA bassn there has 25 boats but I have never experienced an issue. I sure hope that club didnt have a blast off start or they violated the rules and someone might call the DNR ON THEM.

Another issue here is that the lake lemon LLCD no longer has a clue what is going on, they do not follow their own rules and regulations alot of the time. Most of them are teenagers that could care less what happens. The rules state that there are to be NO open tournaments of any kind on the lake only club tournaments. Also after every tournament you are suppose to fill out a survey, this is not optional. So if they have no clue how are tournament directors suppose to be in the know. Hell they have been using my picture and fish to promote there website for the last 10 years without any kind of royalty's then they still have the audacity to charge me at the gate.

1. Participants agree to adhere to all “Codes of Conduct”set forth in this document in addition to all boating andfishing laws in effect for the State of Indiana, andenforced by the Department of Natural Resources andthe Lake Lemon Conservancy District (LLCD).2. Scheduling of tournaments begins January 1st of eachcalendar year.3. Applications must be postmarked after January 1st.4. All groups requesting fishing tournaments at LakeLemon must Pre-Register at least (14) fourteen days inadvance of their tournament using the attachedapplication form.5. Tournament dates are approved based on the orderapplications are received.6. Only club tournaments will be permitted. “Open”registration tournaments are prohibited.7. Each club will be assessed a one- time non-refundable$50.00 Registration Fee at the time of application.(Registration fee is in addition to daily boat launchingfees.) Individual boat fees of $15.00 are payable at theRiddle Point Park gatehouse on the day of thetournament.8. Fishing tournaments at Lake Lemon may bescheduled Monday through Saturday. No tournamentswill be scheduled: On Sundays, During July andAugust, and On Holiday Weekends.9. A maximum of 25 Tournament boats per day will bepermitted.10. Each Tournament chairman is requested to completeand return a creel census card.11. Launch Times are restricted to after sunrise. (Nighttournaments are prohibited)12. A “Catch & Release” policy is in effect at Lake Lemonfor All fishing Tournaments.13. “Shot Gun” or “Blast Off” starts are prohibited.14. All weigh-ins are subject to staff observation andregulation
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 04-18-2019 at 01:52 PM.

19. Member
    You can’t really blame the ILF if they called Lemon and said we want to age. A tourney on these two days and the person that answered the phone said “ok”. It doesn’t sound like they were told they couldn’t fish Sunday or that they needed to pay anything. Just saying. That isn’t on them. Lemon might want to pick and chose who answers the phone.

20. Member
    I will weigh back in here. I had no intent to set this off. I have no ill will towards ILF or their organizers. It was a pain in the ass to wait an hour to get my boat out to weigh in after our tournament when we followed the rules and were supposed to be the only tournament there. Good ti know it was the lakes screw up.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast