Which 27 group battery to buy? Die Hard or Duracell

I have Die Hard now, lasted over 7 years. But have read good comments on Duracell 27. 31 size too big and AGM dont need. Both stores are about 20 minutes away. The Duracell will be about $30 less, since they have rebate at this time. Warranty also the same 1 year free replacemnt. Looking for pros and cons of each

Can you fit a 29 series in there?

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    I will measure again but doubt that it will fit. The 29 and 31, I believe are both 13 inches

4. Member
    Your question cannot be answered without more information about what it is to be used for.

5. Banned
    Heads up on Duracell wet batteries. Their 31 series is the same size as everyone elses 29 series. I just bought 2 of them. So you may be able to go with Duracell 31 series.they are the same size as Walmarts Everstart Maxx 29 series
    I've been using Walmart Everstarts for over 30 years, but I figured to try the Duracells when they went on sale at Sam's Club last month ($79 for 31 series). I researched, and found alot of positive reviews on them also.

Bought a set of Duracells a couple of months ago and so far they are excellent. Have exceeded my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Heads up on Duracell wet batteries. Their 31 series is the same size as everyone elses 29 series. I just bought 2 of them. So you may be able to go with Duracell 31 series.they are the same size as Walmarts Everstart Maxx 29 series
    I've been using Walmart Everstarts for over 30 years, but I figured to try the Duracells when they went on sale at Sam's Club last month ($79 for 31 series). I researched, and found alot of positive reviews on them also.
    Group 29 and 31 are the same across the board.

Remember that there are basically only three manufacturers of wet cell batteries in the United States, with Johnson Controls (Everstart, Interstate, most Die Hard wet cells, much more) and East Penn (Deka, Durcell, Super Start O'Reillys, much more) being the biggest. Johnson Controls calls them group 29, East Penn calls them group 31.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Group 29 and 31 are the same across the board.

Remember that there are basically only three manufacturers of wet cell batteries in the United States, with Johnson Controls (Everstart, Interstate, most Die Hard wet cells, much more) and East Penn (Deka, Durcell, Super Start O'Reillys, much more) being the biggest. Johnson Controls calls them group 29, East Penn calls them group 31.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coach76 View Post
    I will measure again but doubt that it will fit. The 29 and 31, I believe are both 13 inches
    Will use for my Minn Kota trolling motor on my Ranger 1850

10. Banned
    Running 2 Duracell 31's (wet cell) for 80# trolling motor on my 18' Ranger. Great battery so far; no regrets. I've had them for almost 2 years
    Last edited by wicknilly; 04-17-2019 at 12:22 PM.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    why would you say you dont need a agm? its a far superior battery to a wetcell. the duracell Agm batteries cant be beat

12. Member
    I am not a pro and dont use my tm that much, so its what do I want to spend my money on. I would consider if for my staring battery, but not tm batteries

13. Member
    Easy Duracell AGM’s from Sams.