Tracker 190 Takes on Mille Lacs

Wife and I spent a week in Brainerd, Minnesota a week ago. If you've never been up there (either Minnesota or Wisconsin) in the late spring/early summer, you need to make a trip. The smallmouth up there are simply amazing. Last year we hit Door County Wisconsin, this year it was Mille Lacs and about 6 other lakes up in Minnesota.

If you don't have an Minn Kota Ultrex, I'd recommend you get one ASAP. Its arguably the best innovation in fishing since the trolling motor. We spotlocked on a wind blown bank one morning on Mille Lacs and probably caught over 100 smallmouths, with well over a dozen over 5lbs. It was a morning dreams are made of!

2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

2. Member
    Thats fantastic. Thats a lifetime supply of SM for
    me and you did it in a day. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Awesome! Way to just go out and do it! I live about 2 hrs south of Mille Lacs. My favorite lake on the planet! My Nitro 700LX doesn't like those waves either but sometimes you just have to go anyway! Glad you got on some fish!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drscholl14 View Post
    Awesome! Way to just go out and do it! I live about 2 hrs south of Mille Lacs. My favorite lake on the planet! My Nitro 700LX doesn't like those waves either but sometimes you just have to go anyway! Glad you got on some fish!
    I don't think most that live up there know how great they have it! We fished a different lake every day and didn't drive more than 30m or so to each one. Beautiful country up there!
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades