Echomap Plus 93sv Clear Screen Protector Needed

Anybody make a clear screen protector (like for your smart phone) for the echomap plus 93sv? I found one on amazon but the reviews said it doesn't cover the whole screen because it is not made for the Garmin specifically. Just curious if anybody found one. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcelmury View Post

Let us know how that one works out. as long as you can still use the touch feature , it is worth it .

4. Member
    I installed this one on my units today. The fit is perfect. The fit is so perfect you will want to do a wet install so you can make sure its in correct position without pealing and resticking.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

5. Member
    Awesome...I’ll order them and give them a try. Thanks!

I can't find any options local to Canada. The Boxwave ones will end costing me about $45. I'm going to try ordering an iPad protector and trimming it to fit. For 2 anti glare protectors my cost is $12Cdn. If I remember to I will post back with how it works out, but I see no reason why it won't work well.

7. Member
    Just an update...I received these today and can confirm they do fit perfect.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    I installed this one on my units today. The fit is perfect. The fit is so perfect you will want to do a wet install so you can make sure its in correct position without pealing and resticking.
    What's the best way to do a wet install?

9. Member
    That,s a good question. I would also like to know. I saw somewhere that Lwinchester used some kind of alcohol?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot2500 View Post
    What's the best way to do a wet install?
    First, clean the screen with a microfiber towel and/or "lens cleaner" type material. I would not use paper or terry cloth type towels as they leave fibers behind on the screen. Make sure the screen is clean of any/all dust, lint and/or smudges.

Next, lightly mist the screen with windex. Lay the screen protector on...the liquid will disperse evenly behind the screen protector. As long as the liquid remains behind the screen protector you will be able to move, remove, reapply the screen protector for perfect placement. Lastly, use a "plastic squeegee" to push the liquid and air bubbles out.

Tip...before final positioning and "squeegee"...remove the clear plastic/protective covering from the face of the screen protector. This film is adhered fairly well and will attempt to peal the screen cover from the unit as it's removed.

11. Member
    Next, lightly mist the screen with windex.
    I would be careful with anything with ammonia in the solution.
    It may react with any coatings on the screen applied by Garmin.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I would be careful with anything with ammonia in the solution.
    It may react with any coatings on the screen applied by Garmin.
    This is good advise. I said Windex but honestly not sure if I was Windex and/or some variant. None the less...if you can stay away from ammonia it's, at very least, a good safety precaution.

13. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post10192277

For 3 years now I've used a mixture of 50% alcohol and 50% distilled water to clean my screens. That is what I used for the wet install. The Boxwave product comes with a small cloth to wipe the screen with after it's clean and dry. Then there is a piece of blue tape to go over the screen with by touching and removing until you've blotted the whole screen. That's to get every spec of dust. On my last install on the 8616 the protector went on dry and perfect the first try with no bubbles. That's using their directions. On the 942xs I had bubbles everywhere and couldn't get them out. That's when I did the wet install. They send a plastic type card for work out the bubbles with. It won't work with the wet install. The alcohol will dissolve it. You'll need something like a credit card to work out the excess liquid. The liquid is much easier to work out than air bubbles.

I've done this several times since originally they did not have one that was an exact fit for the 8616 and I worked with them to perfect the size. I'd prepare to be able to do the wet install immediately, but I'd try the dry install first (their directions). If it don't go on right or there's a problem with bubbles, pull it off, spray and put it back on. Don't lay it down or wave it around. It will pick up stuff from the air.

Do all the cleaning and make ready first, then peel of the plastic and apply.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post10192277

For 3 years now I've used a mixture of 50% alcohol and 50% distilled water to clean my screens. That is what I used for the wet install. The Boxwave product comes with a small cloth to wipe the screen with after it's clean and dry. Then there is a piece of blue tape to go over the screen with by touching and removing until you've blotted the whole screen. That's to get every spec of dust. On my last install on the 8616 the protector went on dry and perfect the first try with no bubbles. That's using their directions. On the 942xs I had bubbles everywhere and couldn't get them out. That's when I did the wet install. They send a plastic type card for work out the bubbles with. It won't work with the wet install. The alcohol will dissolve it. You'll need something like a credit card to work out the excess liquid. The liquid is much easier to work out than air bubbles.

I've done this several times since originally they did not have one that was an exact fit for the 8616 and I worked with them to perfect the size. I'd prepare to be able to do the wet install immediately, but I'd try the dry install first (their directions). If it don't go on right or there's a problem with bubbles, pull it off, spray and put it back on. Don't lay it down or wave it around. It will pick up stuff from the air.

Do all the cleaning and make ready first, then peel of the plastic and apply.
    Interesting. My Boxwave screen protector didn't come with any of that...no cloth, no tape, no plastic card.

15. Member
    Mine did not come with anything either. Lwinchester is that rubbing alcohol?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Interesting. My Boxwave screen protector didn't come with any of that...no cloth, no tape, no plastic card.
    All three were in a small plastic bag down in the bottom of the container. I didn't find them until I was reading the directions and it mentioned them. You can use scotch tape. Just wind around your fingers sticky side out and blot the whole screen.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    Lwinchester is that rubbing alcohol?
    Yes.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.