Thread: New NRX?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    To me the 894 always felt a touch tip heavy and tight. I had it in both the new GLX and NRX. The head turner is a much softer rod than the 894. I like the 7ft.1 rods better but thats personal preference.
    If your looking for a great 3/4 oz. jig rod the Hammer xheavy is a dandy.. i believe they are made in Harrison as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've ordered a Metanium MGL XG to go on it.
    Outstanding combo...I've got a few!

3. Banned
    The 854 is a 3/8 _1/2 rod I use for docks if you want something for 3/4 I'd get the 855 if you want something shorter or 895 if length isn't a issue but be prepared to get a balance kit it's a tad heavy

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Outstanding combo...I've got a few!
    Got a Bantam MGL XG coming in this week from Japan that needs a rod, see my Ok, New GLX thread.

5. Member
    Listening.... I'm in the market for a couple. Looking for an all around spinnerbait/ chatterbait rod, and a 3/8 to 1/2 oz jig rod. I really seldom fish deep so I rarely use 3/4oz.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    Listening.... I'm in the market for a couple. Looking for an all around spinnerbait/ chatterbait rod, and a 3/8 to 1/2 oz jig rod. I really seldom fish deep so I rarely use 3/4oz.
    I wound up getting a NRX 894 and love it so far for 1/2-3/4 jigs, its paired with a Metanium MGL. I got a new GLX 844mbr with a Bantam MGL but haven't had much time with it. I also bought a Cara Head Turner with a Bantam MGL within a few days of each other and still don't have much time with it either. I think the GLX will be a very versatile rod but that's only after two trips, moving baits and bottom draggers. The NRX is just a bottom dragger/bouncer for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12