EZ Loader Dual Axle Trailer - rear axle alignment

My 2012 EZ loader trailer (for my ZX20) is wearing the outside of each of the rear tires. I took a measurement and the distance from tire to tire at the back edge of the rubber is 5/8" more than from the front side of the tire. I suspect this is the cause of the uneven wear, any idea how to adjust this?

2. Member
    Typically there is a minor amount of "toe in" built into trailer axles, as this provides better tracking. However, 5/8" seems excessive. Is this a leaf spring or torsion axle setup?

If it is a torsion axle trailer make sure your trailing arms are not loose on the ends of the axles. I had the splines strip out and they ate up some tires running wrong.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

4. Member
    My 2016 EZ Loader is eating tires. I just replaced the 4th one. Some wear on the outside. Some on the inside. I checked with a couple of places and nobody said they know how to diagnose a torsion axle trailer. Measuring the distance from the trailer frame to a straight edge held tight to the tire, it seems like both wheels on the right side of the trailer are toed in quite a bit. But the other side seems ok. All four have worn, though. Driving me nuts. Can you just replace the spindles? I don't see how the axle itself could be messed up because it seems like it couldn't really move much the way it's bolted to the frame?

I have the torsion axle setup, I'll check to see if the trailing arms are good this weekend and will report back - thanks for the tip!