RT188 livewell gasket coming off

The black gasket (trim) piece that covers the opening edge of the livewell has been trying to come loose since last season. It makes the livewell divider a real pain to remove as I have to hold the gasket back into place when sliding it out. I have tried using epoxy to reglue it back into place with no luck. I thought about trying 5200 but I will undoubtedly get it everywhere it doesn't need to be. Does anyone have a suggestion to adhere it back to the aluminum. Thank you!

I'd try 3M weather strip adhesive. It comes in a black tube with green lettering.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Should be better options and not permeant like 5200. The 3M mentioned above would be good if you can find it, maybe even some bath and shower silicone adhesive caulk might work for a small spot..

I would second the weather strip adhesive. But also, the aluminum surface needs to be prepped. Raw aluminum oxidizes in a matter of days leaving a powdery surface. Before applying the adhesive, use some steel wool to "shine" the surface area the gasket is to be reattached, and then clean with alcohol, acetone, or other non-oily cleaner. Apply your adhesive immediately after dry.

5. Member
    I will definitely try the adhesive! Thank you!