Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Good grief at what point does Suzuki give you a new motor and get this one off the water.

Suzuki needs to step up and just stop trying to fix this motor.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

That sucks!

Just wondering as I’ve never dealt with something like this, but how many times does a motor have to break before they say it’s a lemon and replace it? Does it have to be the same exact problem in a certain time frame?

Sounds like it's time to lawyer up and go for a complete replacement. There has to be a law that pertains to outboards like there is one for vehicles to declare that your motor has reached it's limit for repairs.

The only thing is he bought it used. So im not sure if the lemon law would apply

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    The only thing is he bought it used. So im not sure if the lemon law would apply
    Per federal law . If it has a warranty, the federal lemon law covers it. ... However, if they are not able to correct the problem within a reasonable number of attempts or within a reasonable amount of time, then your boat may qualify for the federal lemon law remedies

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Per federal law . If it has a warranty, the federal lemon law covers it. ... However, if they are not able to correct the problem within a reasonable number of attempts or within a reasonable amount of time, then your boat may qualify for the federal lemon law remedies
    I sure hope it does. I feel for this guy

8. Member
    In my last not Suzuki shaking violently and failure to accellerate were symptoms of my motor going into the failsafe mode due to overheat. The only thing missing here is a warning beep.

9. Member
    There comes a time where a mans patience is no longer possible - I haver dealt with similar scenarios with boats over the years and have lost money numerous times. I decided that there is nothing worse than being stranded or knowing that you can be stranded during every time on the water. If you are a tourney guy it will absolutely wreck a season. If the motor issues cant be solved or remedied - cut your losses move on to a replacement rig(no Suzuki) of course and get back in to enjoying time on the water. I went through this same scenario last season and now happy as I can possibly be in a different rig- I almost have forgotten about the
    BAD times out there...either way best of luck !

10. Banned
    Most time you buy from a pro the warranty goes into effect after you buy the boat, motor trailer since technically it isn't registered to the pro. The factories hold the titles since it's on consignment... Kevin what's your situation???... Is the boat combo considered new or used in the eyes of the manufacture, Suzuki in this case???... Dan

11. Member
    One year of the 6 year warranty was deducted for the year the pro used boat. So it did not start when I got boat. But I do have a few years left on it. The title is with my leinholder.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    In my last not Suzuki shaking violently and failure to accellerate were symptoms of my motor going into the failsafe mode due to overheat. The only thing missing here is a warning beep.
    Well overheating was the issue they took months to figure out last summer. But 3-1 and 3-2 are not overheating related codes even though there was shaking right before shutdown.

IM sent...

BassCatKev, please reply.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    There comes a time where a mans patience is no longer possible - I haver dealt with similar scenarios with boats over the years and have lost money numerous times. I decided that there is nothing worse than being stranded or knowing that you can be stranded during every time on the water. If you are a tourney guy it will absolutely wreck a season. If the motor issues cant be solved or remedied - cut your losses move on to a replacement rig(no Suzuki) of course and get back in to enjoying time on the water. I went through this same scenario last season and now happy as I can possibly be in a different rig- I almost have forgotten about the
    BAD times out there...either way best of luck !
    I see what you're saying. A very logical perspective. I just made the boat/ motor purchase with tons of warranty so that there would be ample time to get it right. Never thought there would be an intermittent issue that works on your mind like you mentioned in your post. I never realized the value of peace of mind and not thinking of being stranded all the time.

15. Member
    Took it out today on a smaller local lake and ran at all speeds, idled a good while, turned it off and fished an hour. Then ran it some more. It ran like a top. Not a sputter or shake nothing out of the ordinary. I was hoping it would do it while on a small local lake where I'm near the ramp. No such "luck." I know I know. I've read everyone's thoughts. It's time for me to do something about it. I know I'm not crazy and know what I felt and witnessed yesterday. But it's a lot easier to defend if engine goes into shutdown and gives codes.

16. Banned
    Any chance there’s a pattern to it? Maybe the heat of the day or days with high humidity?

17. Member
    Water in the engine. That was the reason Suzyuki gave for the last series of issues. Unfortunately, by using seawater as a coolant ( I know, it's fresh water) you wouldn't know if there was a head gasket, head or block leaking when it got warm. If you had a radiator like a truck, it would show pressurization if there was a leak into a combustion chamber.

Maybe, just maybe there is a crack in one of the castings that opens slightly on an intermittent basis and gets water in the combustion chamber causing the violent shaking.

I know, I'm certainly not an outboard mechanic, but I have built quite a few engines and this scenario pops into my mind.

Come on, Suzuki, step up to the plate and fix this damn thing!!

18. Member
    Pls delete. double post.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 04-24-2019 at 02:07 AM.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    IM sent...

BassCatKev, please reply.
    Well, spill the beans... No secrets here on the BBC... Dan

No secrets, just tryin’ to help...

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast