Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I'm opening the bar when it arrives, and we're having a parade to the ramp when you pick it up... Dan
    Careful with the parade talk. JFK didn't need a parade, but they had one. There could be a Suzuki-hired sniper along the route. I will simply have a drink in silence when this is over.

2. Member
    Today will be the day. I hope to see that it’s arrived and being hung today.

3. Member
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

4. Banned
    Delivery truck crashed on the way, cargo destroyed.

5. Member
    ^^^

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    What the HELL is that!?!?!?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Delivery truck crashed on the way, cargo destroyed.

Thats just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Thats just not right.
    What grout said. Shame shame
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

10. Member
    Update: No updates. Crickets.

11. Banned

12. Member
    If it was delivered on the 24th, I am betting they are double and triple checking every feature to make sure that there is not the slightest thing possibly wrong and when they do call you, it will have been mounted, broken in, serviced and test driven a second time. I will also bet they are documenting every step of that for their records in case something else goes awry. They want this to finally be over just as bad, if not worse, than you do.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2112 View Post
    If it was delivered on the 24th, I am betting they are double and triple checking every feature to make sure that there is not the slightest thing possibly wrong and when they do call you, it will have been mounted, broken in, serviced and test driven a second time. I will also bet they are documenting every step of that for their records in case something else goes awry. They want this to finally be over just as bad, if not worse, than you do.
    I've got to agree with this 100%.....

14. Member
    Sounds good to me. That way I can start looking at the trailer issue I have that I can't address until I have it back. Maybe by the end of summer I can put her in the water.

15. Member
    How do you have a trailer issue on a 2 year old boat

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabela10 View Post
    How do you have a trailer issue on a 2 year old boat
    It had some miles put on it it's first year with original owner for sure. I have no idea how serious the trailer issue is. The issue showed itself at the same trip the last engine issue occurred. Getting the boat (thus the trailer) to an authorized Suzuki dealer to get in line to have engine addressed was more pressing than the trailer at the moment. I didnt expect it to be there that long (apparently I'm a slow learner). My boats been there going on 2 months. But I know the trailer didn't fix itself. And I won't rest easy driving it to my lake until it's been addressed. The dealer that has it doesn't work on trailers of boats that they didn't sell. I know this sounds like common sense, but I can't get anything addressed or keep up with basic boat maintenance because I never have my boat/trailer.

I don't know that anyone can really understand to be honest. It's utterly laughable. I honestly don't think people I tell about this even believe me. They say things like..."oh I wouldn't put up with that sh#t, I'd tell them to ......." blah blah blah. At the end of the conversation I get the vibe they think I'm not doing enough to get it fixed. I'm definitely the unspoken joke in bass boat circles in my area. That's for sure. Who on earth has a boat/motor that new and literally has had at least 3 separate multi-month chunks of time without their rig in 20 months of ownership?
    It's too much to explain the difficulty of getting anything done. During the most recent drop off of the boat I was just thankful to find an authorized dealer to take it after being dismissed by the previous one (read entire thread if interested). I'm the one getting bent over month after month yet find myself biting my tongue, and saying thank you to whatever I'm told. Apparently you either need to be a complete arse with no patience or class to make something happen. If you're going to be a class act and still expect to be taken seriously, you better have more clout and money than dirt. I have neither of those.

About 10 years ago I sold my old Dyna-Track boat and Johnson motor. I waited a long time to buy another bass boat. I really THOUGHT I did my homework.

17. Banned
    Don't be too hard on yourself, you did end up getting a new motor... So, you did something right...... Now that trailer problem... Small potatoes... Dan

18. Member
    Nice guys finish last. You dont have to be an @$$ to make a call and put a bug in the dealers ear that your boat should be ready. I've been in your spot, kind of, and I finally had to start making some calls just so they know it's time for stuff to get done. Seems some dealers will put the boats on the back burner if you dont call or bug them. Now, I'm calling about 2 days after it was supposed to be done just to check up, and mainly just as a reminder that I was supposed to have the boat already. If theres an issue they are fixing that's cool. I'm not an @$$ about it, just a little reminder for them. With just a motor swap you should've been done by now for sure

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    No doubt Kev, you don’t have to be an ass...and I think you’re not capable of being one after reading all of this! Communication is key to me. If they were supposed to have your motor the 24th I see NO issue with calling for a progress update.

I sincerely hope you have your boat back really soon! What’s the problem with the trailer??
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Nice guys finish last. You dont have to be an @$$ to make a call and put a bug in the dealers ear that your boat should be ready. I've been in your spot, kind of, and I finally had to start making some calls just so they know it's time for stuff to get done. Seems some dealers will put the boats on the back burner if you dont call or bug them. Now, I'm calling about 2 days after it was supposed to be done just to check up, and mainly just as a reminder that I was supposed to have the boat already. If theres an issue they are fixing that's cool. I'm not an @$$ about it, just a little reminder for them. With just a motor swap you should've been done by now for sure
    You're right. I put a call in with Brian at Suzuki. Left a voice message.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast