Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Angry The Saga Continues (Suzuki 250SS Engine Code 3-1 and 3-2)

Throwing out a final plea to anyone who may know how to address the above engine codes in any way before hauling boat to Suzuki dealer once again. Too much back story on this thing to even try to go into. Check out my mega thread on Suzuki forum if curious. You Zuki owners probably remember it. Well..... here we go again.

3-1 is IAC valve/by pass air screw adjustment. 3-2 is map sensor 2 pressure detect passage

2. Member
    Wow, I thought this was over. Hate to hear this, sorry I cannot help. Have not owned one.

3. Member
    Man, I hate to hear of the trouble you've had with your rig. I have to believe there is a fix out there or Suzuki will make it right for you. You've handled it very professionally thus far. Good luck
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

4. Member
    If I where you I would call Bass Cat Boats and see if they can help. There customer service is exemplary

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    If I where you I would call Bass Cat Boats and see if they can help. There customer service is exemplary
    I'll consider. Thanks

6. Member
    Kev, sorry to hear that you are still having issues. I thought it was all good now. Good idea to see if BCB can somehow help out.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Read the whole other thread, what a nightmare! I had contemplated looking at Suzuki in the future, not going to happen. They are beyond making it right for you.

Turn the key switch to the "on" position. Press the emergency kill switch three times. Turn key switch to "off". That on some of the units resets the ecm.

9. Banned
    Holy Moly, you are a very patient man to not have blown a gasket during this ordeal. Good luck sir.

10. Member
    I dropped it off at the Suzuki dealer this evening.

11. Banned
    Read the whole thing this morning also... Do you get paid by the mile or just a flat fee??? I feel for you... Good luck... Dan

12. Banned
    Get rid of that POS

I read the whole thing too. Geez thats unreal

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Makes you wonder just how bad the original owner treated that motor since he was a Pro running it hard and when it was overheating? I also wonder if it was starting to have those problems before he sold it to you since you only had ~ 8 hours on it before the motor started to shut down? My buddy use to race Motocross and trade his dirt bikes every year. Hitting the rev limiter all the time, riding through sand, dust, mud etc. Powerwash the filth off of it to make it look like new again, change the oil and other routine maintenance and he thought it was a new bike that was still worth a lot of money and to anybody that didn’t know the history of the bike. I would never buy it, but he always found somebody.

Anyway, since Suzuki doesn’t sound like they’re standing behind that engine, which I don’t understand, (maybe because you’re the second owner and it was used by a Pro in Bass tournaments and isn’t top priority to them??? yes crappy on their part) and you’ve lost confidence in that motor when you go to the Lake, maybe get it fixed and trade it in at a dealership? Yes you’ll lose money but won’t have to worry is this the day that motor will leave me stranded 10 miles from the boat ramp getting close to night time with nobody else on the Lake?

Then again, hopefully Suzuki gets it fixed the right way this time and you’re happy and confident with the results to enjoy the boat again!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Makes you wonder just how bad the original owner treated that motor since he was a Pro running it hard and when it was overheating? I also wonder if it was starting to have those problems before he sold it to you since you only had ~ 8 hours on it before the motor started to shut down? My buddy use to race Motocross and trade his dirt bikes every year. Hitting the rev limiter all the time, riding through sand, dust, mud etc. Powerwash the filth off of it to make it look like new again, change the oil and other routine maintenance and he thought it was a new bike that was still worth a lot of money and to anybody that didn’t know the history of the bike. I would never buy it, but he always found somebody.

Anyway, since Suzuki doesn’t sound like they’re standing behind that engine, which I don’t understand, (maybe because you’re the second owner and it was used by a Pro in Bass tournaments and isn’t top priority to them??? yes crappy on their part) and you’ve lost confidence in that motor when you go to the Lake, maybe get it fixed and trade it in at a dealership? Yes you’ll lose money but won’t have to worry is this the day that motor will leave me stranded 10 miles from the boat ramp getting close to night time with nobody else on the Lake?

Then again, hopefully Suzuki gets it fixed the right way this time and you’re happy and confident with the results to enjoy the boat again!
    Thanks for the post I.P. Yes I've thought about everything you mentioned in some form or fashion. Your last sentence of the post is what I really want. I love the boat. It's everything I've always wanted. And I'm aware all engines have problems from time to time. On major purchases like this, I wait until I get what I want and then stick with it and the people who are certified and supposed to be competent to make it right. That's all I've ever asked of Suzuki and all anyone should ask of an outboard company.

I'll never know every intimate detail of what the boat may have gone through a time or two. But neither does anyone else that's ever bought a boat from a previous owner. Suzuki already did a lot of warranty work last year to get it going again. They can run a computer on it and see what alarms have been set off in the past. And the entire engine shuts itself down before it will damage itself (so I've been reassured by many people including previous owner and multiple Suzuki techs).

Again thanks for the post and we'll see what happens.

I might have missed it in other posts, but have you asked the rep what’s the next plan of action if the motor keeps shutting off and the same codes keep popping up? I would also tell them to come to you and pick up the boat to fix it if it’s the same problem or be reimbursed for gas / time for you to bring it to them since they can’t get it right.

Summer is almost here, I know you don’t want to miss being on the water. Time to crack the whip on their azzes!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    I might have missed it in other posts, but have you asked the rep what’s the next plan of action if the motor keeps shutting off and the same codes keep popping up? I would also tell them to come to you and pick up the boat to fix it if it’s the same problem or be reimbursed for gas / time for you to bring it to them since they can’t get it right.

Summer is almost here, I know you don’t want to miss being on the water. Time to crack the whip on their azzes!!
    I dropped it off last night and spoke with them first thing this a.m. I'll be asking those questions immediately given the past history with Suzuki. You'd have to read the mega-thread on Suzuki forum to know entire past if you think you may have missed something. I do want to give them a chance to address the issue before "cracking the wip." Maybe it'll be easy and I'll get a call this afternoon.

In regards to the gas issue. You bring up a good point but since I know that will never happen I'd be wasting my time in pursuing it. I'll foot those bills if Suzuki will just do me right.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post

In regards to the gas issue. You bring up a good point but since I know that will never happen I'd be wasting my time in pursuing it. I'll foot those bills if Suzuki will just do me right.
    I wouldn’t expect them to pick up the boat or pay for your time and gas, but by saying that to them they’ll know that you’re getting frustrated, tired of wasting your time, gas and money driving to the shop to get the same problem looked at under warranty and most importantly not being able to use your boat while still paying on it!

When you get the boat back from the shop, before you leave, I would ask them what are we going to do if the same problem happens again?

19. Member
    I will do that. Thanks

20. Banned
    I know you shouldn’t have to do this, esp on a motor with warranty; but have you asked how much they’d give you for the motor on trade in for a new motor to re-power? It would be a last attempt, but if it weren’t too much, might be worth it for a brand new start.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast