Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Am I missing something? What is the 25 x 28 referencing? I run a large SS 16 inch diameter 3 blade with a 23.5 pitch, I would describe it as a 3 blade 16 inch 23.5 pitch, or a 3 x 16 x 23.5.
    I only run that prop because I practically stole it for less than $100, so I bought 4. It matches my speed, RPM needs, and compromises in the hole shot category.

That plus it's cheap, and I am one cheap guy.
    I think he meant 14.25X28

2. Member
    The 14.25 X 27 is 14.25 inches in diameter and of course, has a 27 inch pitch. If you have a friend, assuming 200 pounds, full gas tanks weighing 250 pounds for 40 gallons, and maybe water in the livewells which could add an additional 200 pounds that's 600 or so pounds you gotta pull, it takes a lot of torque which hot weather kills.
    Anyhow, you are right there so you can see how weight and balance affects low speed performance. I'd think full nose down trim would be essential, but you already know that. I am having L/U issues right now, something about hitting a tree. While I was troubleshooting here at home, I looked at my throttle plate at full hotfoot and found I was only getting about 75% throttle opening. Maybe the Suzuki people could look at yours next time you're in to see you're getting full throttle.

The 27 should give you a better hole shot.

3. Member
    The 250SS max rpms are 6300 just a heads up those last few rpms from 6000 to 6200 is where the last few mph's will come from. Check this out. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AY3Ut4RL4Fee2b

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyer8043 View Post
    The 250SS max rpms are 6300 just a heads up those last few rpms from 6000 to 6200 is where the last few mph's will come from. Check this out. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AY3Ut4RL4Fee2b
    That's from 2007. Thanks for posting it. It provides insight into several areas. One of special interest to me is the MPG figures. It appears the "sweet spot" is 3000-3500 RPM for maximum fuel mileage with that hull.

I'm curious if BassCatKev changed the prop yet and what kind of results were observed.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    I'm curious if BassCatKev changed the prop yet and what kind of results were observed.
    I learned from you guys that switching to a lower pitch would likely do nothing but help my situation. Lately I've managed to get on plane fine with the 28 so haven't bothered switching. I look at switching a prop as a project. I only wanted to switch if my issue persisted. I'm not concerned about getting on plane a second or two faster.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I learned from you guys that switching to a lower pitch would likely do nothing but help my situation. Lately I've managed to get on plane fine with the 28 so haven't bothered switching. I look at switching a prop as a project. I only wanted to switch if my issue persisted. I'm not concerned about getting on plane a second or two faster.
    Switching prop takes seconds and is far from being a project. Plus, dropping a pitch can make the entire boat run so much better than just a quicker holeshot.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Before dropping a pitch and buying a new prop, I'd get the old one blueprinted first to see if performance improves. I had mine blueprinted last season and it made a world of difference.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

9. Member
    To stay consistent as I always have on this marathon thread, I wanted to let everyone know that Suzuki did put in writing that I have a new 6 year warranty (July 2025) with the replacement engine. In the past I mentioned how I still didn't have proof they would follow through on this. But I do now. Apparently they just switched it over but don't send official paperwork. But, upon my request, they emailed me a document stating the above mentioned warranty.

I've had several PMs regarding this and felt I should update the issue on this thread as well.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    To stay consistent as I always have on this marathon thread, I wanted to let everyone know that Suzuki did put in writing that I have a new 6 year warranty (July 2025) with the replacement engine. In the past I mentioned how I still didn't have proof they would follow through on this. But I do now. Apparently they just switched it over but don't send official paperwork. But, upon my request, they emailed me a document stating the above mentioned warranty.

I've had several PMs regarding this and felt I should update the issue on this thread as well.
    Awesome! How's it running? Hopefully it's running awesome and getting you on some good fish!
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

11. Member
    I haven't been out the last few weeks. It appears to be running great. Break in and on through the first 20 hour maintenance went excellent. The dealership changed oil and did their multi point inspection (I assume but I didn't watch) and all is well.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Great to hear Kev!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    I frequently get private messages with follow up questions regarding how my new outboard is doing. As many of you remember, it was a long road to have my issues resolved appropriately. I just picked up my boat from it's first 100 hour service and no issues reported. She's running as advertised and the way I anticipated it would when I decided to purchase a Suzuki.

I want to give ANOTHER big shout out to Renegade Marine in Leitchfield, KY for taking on my extremely frustrating situation (that they had no part in whatsoever) and moderating my dealings with Suzuki so that we could all reach a satisfying conclusion. Since then I have continued taking my boat there for routine service and plan to continue to do so in the future.

Like I said many times in the past, ALL outboards have problems. What matters is the type of people you have around to help you through them.

I felt like they needed a shout out on this highly visible forum on BBC.

Thanks again Renegade Marine

14. Member
    Glad it all worked out for you!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

15. Member
    Thanks for looping around and letting us know how it's going!
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

16. Member
    I was just thinking about this the other day, glad you got a good resolution and things are working good for you Kev! Now, the more important question, how fast is the boat? What speeds are you getting?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I was just thinking about this the other day, glad you got a good resolution and things are working good for you Kev! Now, the more important question, how fast is the boat? What speeds are you getting?
    I'm not a big speedster but I've hit 72 and maybe higher. That's with a Suzuki 4 blade prop. Not sure what specific specs without looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Suzuki customer service has always sucked. Motorcycles, ATV's, cars...you name it.

you think Suzuki service sucks? Deal with Mercury. Looks like Suzuki stepped up with a new outboard.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    you think Suzuki service sucks? Deal with Mercury. Looks like Suzuki stepped up with a new outboard.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Any links to the new outboard?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast