Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Good for you. Hope you are back on the water soon. I had a Suzuki 150 years ago and it was a great engine. The odds of you getting another bad engine from them are slim to none.

2. Member
    Kevin, all we have left to do now is name your boat. I'm starting a new thread called "Name Kev's Boat". This should be good.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Kevin, all we have left to do now is name your boat. I'm starting a new thread called "Name Kev's Boat". This should be good.
    My wife named boat when we bought her.
    Fiona......for a FEE we OWN HER

I miss her on this Fathers Day.

4. Member
    Good one Kev!!

5. Member
    Congrats Kev! Glad to see Suzuki stepping up to make it right for you.

6. Member
    that is great news dude. when they get it put on your boat, tell them not to cut the key on or anything & go trade it in on a g2, mercury or sho.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterbug20i View Post
    that is great news dude. when they get it put on your boat, tell them not to cut the key on or anything & go trade it in on a g2, mercury or sho.
    Or run it knowing you have all the extended factory warranty.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Kev I’m really happy to read this! I’m sure we all have our fingers crossed that everything goes perfect from here on out! This is great news.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Banned
    Hey Suzuki...that’s more like it....

10. Member
    "It makes me think of the justice system and wanting to know and believe that not even one innocent person does life in prison. I want to believe that Yamaha, Mercury, Honda, Evinrude wouldn't treat EVEN ONE of their thousands of customers this wayW. Not even one given the amount time and patience from a customer who invested in their product.
    There are no excuses anymore"

Well my friend last year had a brand new 300 hp Evinrude that would run fine and then would shut down while running and only idle. Went back and forth with Evinrude. They claimed they could find nothing wrong with the motor. It even shut down on the Evinrude tech Evinrude had sent in to try to find the problem. After 3
    separate times this happened out on the water with the tech they sent in to fix the issue, Evinrude told him that they could not find anything wrong and would not do any more warranty work regarding this issue. So Suzuki is not the only manufacture to stonewall. My friend sold the motor back to the dealer at a loss and went back to a Yamaha. Also he is suing Evinrude. He has got more money than dirt so he said it was the principle with him and could care less if he has to drop $100k to get $25 k back he spent on the motor.

I am glad it is working out for you.

11. Member
    Today is the 3 week mark. Had to switch to co-angler for BFL this weekend. Still haven't recieved an update of any kind. Paying almost $800 a month for NOTHING!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    Today is the 3 week mark. Had to switch to co-angler for BFL this weekend. Still haven't recieved an update of any kind. Paying almost $800 a month for NOTHING!
    I’ve been following this for awhile, but it might finally be time to get an attorney involved. I would be filing suit for breach of contract, and request damages for loss of use as well as attorney fees.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

13. Banned
    Today is the 3 week mark.
    Maybe they're putting a Mercury on it, I hear they're hard to come by... ... Seriously though, I hope they get you back on the water soon... Dan

14. Member
    I would at least have a "time's up" date in my mind (a week, a month, whatever you are comfortable with after all this) and then get an attorney involved going forward.

On another note, I posted twice on Chad Pipkins' FB page, and he actually did answer me both times and said he had been in contact with you and helped all he could. Hope that was the truth.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I would at least have a "time's up" date in my mind (a week, a month, whatever you are comfortable with after all this) and then get an attorney involved going forward.

On another note, I posted twice on Chad Pipkins' FB page, and he actually did answer me both times and said he had been in contact with you and helped all he could. Hope that was the truth.
    Yes that is correct.

16. Member
    Also, have you thought about reaching out to some bass fishing media guys? Jay Kumar, BassZone, Stray Casts, etc. The business is so incestuous I’m not sure anyone would carry the story, but might be worth a shot.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

17. Member
    You mean you didn’t pay cash!? All seriousness you still have a bad ass Hull you just need a motor. Have you tried reaching out to get a better ETA since the time mark is now up?

18. Member
    Update: Suzuki left a voice message Friday afternoon stating the new engine should be delivered to the dealer my boat is located around June 24.

19. Banned
    Update: Suzuki left a voice message Friday afternoon stating the new engine should be delivered to the dealer my boat is located around June 24.
    I'm opening the bar when it arrives, and we're having a parade to the ramp when you pick it up... Dan

20. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I'm opening the bar when it arrives, and we're having a parade to the ramp when you pick it up... Dan

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast