Thread: NO BOW LIFT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    FWIW, I have driven only one 1980, it had what I consider a full load of gear in it, and with me at 350 lbs and my friend at 200lbs or so, we were running 55mph. This was a flat stock boat with almost a full tank and livewells empty. My 2080 runs 64-68 depending on load. I think 54-58 on the 1980 is very reasonable. I drove that same 1980 without the second passenger and got almost 58mph out of it.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Looks like us non-Vexus owners on BBC should leave this forum and let the three who purchased have it

..... non-owners that want to be a Vexus owner can stay also.

FYI it is 5 owners not 3.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post

Thank You !!! I'll try to be smarter

4. Member
    What about prop to pad distance? Maybe motor needs to move up or down. Not sure what optimum is on these boats.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT1973 View Post
    What about prop to pad distance? Maybe motor needs to move up or down. Not sure what optimum is on these boats.
    Might even require more setback? When I was looking at the Xpress with a 200 I was told that the boat needed 10" of setback vs. what came standard.

I know with my new G2 and a few others i know of in the last couple of years ran like a flatbottom with a 9.9 plowing thru the water with zero lift with the newer mfrd brp props- the adjustable vent raker on mine and 2 others to be specific. Going to a mercury prop made it run like an actual bassboat. 2 were xpress boats and one was a ranger- all with a g2. Solas or somebody is making the brp props now and theyre junk. You put a fury or bravo xs on there and itll run like its a whole different boat.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I know with my new G2 and a few others i know of in the last couple of years ran like a flatbottom with a 9.9 plowing thru the water with zero lift with the newer mfrd brp props- the adjustable vent raker on mine and 2 others to be specific. Going to a mercury prop made it run like an actual bassboat. 2 were xpress boats and one was a ranger- all with a g2. Solas or somebody is making the brp props now and theyre junk. You put a fury or bravo xs on there and itll run like its a whole different boat.
    I think I will try and get ahold of a fury 3 and try it. I was told the same exact thing

I like a fury 4 myself but the fury 3 will do very well

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post

Me makes 6......Mine is running 55ish....I haven't had my motor trimmed down as far as I should either to get more lift....I was told from sales guy that 2-2.5" on the scale of the Atlas was about optimum...Called and talked to another Vexus dealer and he tells me to push moto all way down...Once trimmed out all way bump jackplate two to three times at most....should see speeds increase...I feel like 57mph is about as fast as I want mine to go....As crowded as NC lakes are, its dangerous to try run fast around here!

10. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=978202

Prolly why you running so slow lol

11. Member
    Also here’s my experience running the boat!

Bow lift wasn’t there at all. Light load with less than half a tank of gas and calm waters. I weigh 133lbs

Found the money trim spot and the boat got up to 50.4. Then all of a sudden it almost felt like a turbo kicked it and then the boat shot up to 55.4 then all of a sudden immediately lost its power.

IMO the issue is ECU or water pressure.
    Last edited by Ditch Pickler; 04-19-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Copy that on Fury prop suggestion. It was better on my Etec G1 motors too.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Pickler View Post
    Also here’s my experience running the boat!

Bow lift wasn’t there at all. Light load with less than half a tank of gas and calm waters. I weigh 133lbs

Found the money trim spot and the boat got up to 50.4. Then all of a sudden it almost felt like a turbo kicked it and then the boat shot up to 55.4 then all of a sudden immediately lost its power.

IMO the issue is ECU or water pressure.
    That's called teetering on the edge of getting the bow lifted properly. It's like a suction cup, boat needs to be on pad, I'm guessing the right prop, correct engine height and or an experienced driver would fix this .....25 more horsepower wouldn't hurt either .

14. Member
    follow up to my original post of no bow lift on my vexus 1980 with g2 and 6 in jack plate. problem was the prop a raker 2 was bad and was not cupped or pitched to spec. had pitch and cup added and now has a ton of lift and went out today with 3 guys over 200 lbs full gear and went 56 mph gps and 59 plus alone. i am a happy camper/ now going to raise motor pad height up to 3.5 from 4.5 since i am not blowing out anymore and should see a little more mph. ps thanks to nixons marine and vexus who offered to pay for rework of prop

15. Member
    That’s great news, and more like what my experience has been with the same setup. Glad you got it resolved and that your dealer and Vexus were there to help.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

I suspected the prop. Keep your eye on it as itll get back to the same shape again soon- even faster if you power load at the ramp

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim1220 View Post
    follow up to my original post of no bow lift on my vexus 1980 with g2 and 6 in jack plate. problem was the prop a raker 2 was bad and was not cupped or pitched to spec. had pitch and cup added and now has a ton of lift and went out today with 3 guys over 200 lbs full gear and went 56 mph gps and 59 plus alone. i am a happy camper/ now going to raise motor pad height up to 3.5 from 4.5 since i am not blowing out anymore and should see a little more mph. ps thanks to nixons marine and vexus who offered to pay for rework of prop
    Great news

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    FWIW, I have driven only one 1980, it had what I consider a full load of gear in it, and with me at 350 lbs and my friend at 200lbs or so, we were running 55mph. This was a flat stock boat with almost a full tank and livewells empty. My 2080 runs 64-68 depending on load. I think 54-58 on the 1980 is very reasonable. I drove that same 1980 without the second passenger and got almost 58mph out of it.
    what prop are you running on the 2080 w/200 HO. and RPM also? just got my boat and barely get 62 with 15.5 x 25 and 5200 rpm. changed to RAKER 14.5 X 24 5600 rpm 61 mph. could be the 101 actual temp and very hi humidity.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    what prop are you running on the 2080 w/200 HO. and RPM also? just got my boat and barely get 62 with 15.5 x 25 and 5200 rpm. changed to RAKER 14.5 X 24 5600 rpm 61 mph. could be the 101 actual temp and very hi humidity.
    Just for reference. Before July I was running consistently in the high upper 50's without issue. Then the hot weather and crazy humidity set in and I am running 55 tops, identical setup. It is supposed to cool down this weekend and I plan on being out.
    Forecasted to be in 50's in the mornings. I am curious to see how the performance changes.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

20. Member
    yep on the really hot Jonesslk. I plan on trying it out tomorrow and Saturday if they get the water pressure reading "0" fixed. it was pumping a lot of water and the temp was about right. just an indicating problem I suppose.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast