1998 221 Champion Pump out pump

Can anyone tell me where the pump out pump is on a 1998 221 Champ? I've removed the access panel in front of the fuel tank and removed the oil reservoir where the bilge pumps are. Cannot find the pump out pump for the live well. I'm afraid its either clogged or burnt up.
    Thanks!

2. Member
    My 1997 181 doesn't have a pump out... the 98's may not either.

3. Member
    The 98 221 Champ has a pump out I've used it for many years.

4. Member
    I guess you could locate the hose that attaches to the fitting where the water exits the boat and follow it back to the pump?

5. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    It should be down in the bilge, I think..

6. Member
    I followed the hose but it disappears where I can no longer follow it. The bilge contains two aerator pumps and two bilge pumps but does not pump the water out of the livewell. I know it exists because I could hear it when I turned the switch on before it was clogged with fish scales or whatever ends up in the drain. I've ran pressurized water backwards into the live well and it began to pump slowly then quit all together on the lake when I proceeded to drain the live well.

7. Member
    Lea, you were correct!! The pump that runs the pump out was connected to the hose that open and closes the valve to the live well. It appears the motor running the pump got hot at some point warping the plastic. I turned the pump just a little and immediately started working but seems it would be just a matter of time before it did this again. Will order another. Thanks everyone.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Great! Glad you found it. I was pretty sure where it was, but I have been wrong before.

9. Member
    That's the correct one, mine is mounted to the top or hose to the livewell switch
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax