Adding Boat Bling

I think this post may qualify for several different forums.

I have a tin boat that does not have a lot of transom real estate. I am interested in putting on 1 maybe 2 talons. I would also like to put on the transom mounted 360 unit. I don’t have any problems mounting a talon and the 360 on the port side. My question is where to mount on the starboard side, because I have the transducer for the Onix.

Question 1: When the talon is down does it cause interference with the transducer? (Does the transducer not produce a clear picture, etc.) How far away from the transducer should the talon be?

Question 2: Mounting the talon. I have a 4 stroke 50 h.p. Mercury, still under warranty. Should I or shouldn’t I use sandwich brackets as there is a warranty question about them or isn’t that an issue anymore?

Any pictures would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

I never had an issue with talon causing interference, maybe a bit of fuzz starting 8' down. But once anchored down what's it matter? My transducer was about 8" away, 5" back and 3" left.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    With a 4 stroke 50 hp motor, I would be looking for some much lighter options then twin talons and a transom 360. Thays alot of transom weight for a 150 powered boat let alone a 50hp. I think your asking for performance issues.

4. Member
    Fishysam & kandkkustomzhydrographics, thank you for your help!

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RevFishMI View Post
    Fishysam & kandkkustomzhydrographics, thank you for your help!

6. BBC SPONSOR
    As a guy who owns and sells talons, I have to agree with the group, that’s way too much weight on that transom. You won’t be happy with that idea. If you want money well spent, buy an uptrend and install the 360 on there. We carry them and would make you a great deal.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Bassman25 - what's an "uptrend" ?

8. Member
    Thank you for your help Bassman25.