How's the ice out coming in Northern Michigan

Y'all done ice fishing yet? Need a some soft water for the boat
    Last edited by dinkhunter; 04-13-2019 at 12:28 PM.

2. Member
    Ip in the Gaylord area they’re hoping another week or two the hard stuff will be gone.

3. Member
    The only thing open is Fletcher's. I was just out for a ride, Crooked, Burt, Mullet and Charlevoix still stiff. Charlevoix is looking like it'll open in the next few days.

4. Member
    Lots of lakes are very close to being open around here in TC. Both bays are wide open now. Hopefully the snow coming tonight will sink the ice and then get some wind to bust it all up.

5. Member
    I was up in Cadillac this past weekend...Everything that I saw in that area is wide open...I would have put my boat in for its spring check out but 30 mph winds and freezing temps had me sitting in the cottage...We got about 6 to 8 inches of Snow Sunday...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

6. Member
    How's Duck and Green look ice wise? Think it will be ice free by the last weekend in April?
    2013 Nitro Z-8 200hp Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    Good reports..Thanks. Get it off and fire up them brown fish we will be up first week in June

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithram1982 View Post
    How's Duck and Green look ice wise? Think it will be ice free by the last weekend in April?
    Yep...If it isnt already...Like I said Cadillac and Mitchell were wide open and Duck and Green isnt that far North..
    Its suppose to be warm rain all week with highs in the 60s by the weekend up north...that should pretty much open everything up..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 04-16-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

9. Member
    Most lakes up to petoskey are open.

Check this site daily for satellite images. https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

My lake keeps screwing around and won't bust up , but all the big lakes and bay are open around me .

10. Member
    Burt and Mullett still have ice but it's starting to soften up and break up. Some open water on both. Crooked and Pickerel starting to open up as of today pretty good. Same with Black, not sure on Douglas. Last week Black River still had ice cover but I think it's opened up now and Cheboygan River is cleared up from the ice in the bays finally.

11. Member
    Everything is open now!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosmich View Post
    Everything is open now!
    Thanks for the info!!

M

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosmich View Post
    Everything is open now!
    Thanks for the report Brian

14. Member
    53 degree water temperature today... absolutely pounded large mouth this morning. Probably caught 60 or so with 10 or more around 4 lbs... Now it is the best time of year!