Questions About G3 200 hp Rigging .

Hello , help me understand this.
    If you re-power with a new G3 200 hp HO on a older boat that has hydraulic steering from 2000 200 Ram Ficht.
    Does the original steering stay with the boat and connect to the new G3?
    I Can not get clear answers from my dealer. I feel he is trying to avoid the question.
    I am under the impression that all G3 engines have internal electronic steering am I wrong on this ?
    Would it be possible to rig a older Ranger with gauges and hydraulic steering or does everything need to be changed to fly by wire controls?
    Thanks Cj

Some models (non HO) have a choice of standard steering or dps. You can use your cable controls with digital converters on the cables but its like running a control box with no engine on it- no resistance. The reason your dealer is not so clear on it is because there seems to be a million combinations of controls and most dealers dont rig too many g2 engines so they get overwhelmed with the choices. Just hooking up a water pressure gauge has 3-4 different ways and different parts to do it plus they have to turn it on with their laptop if they use the engine mounted sensor. Theres just way too many combinations and scenarios for a dealer to know them all, so when you say for instance- i want to use the water pressure gauge in my dash he has to figure out if its mechanical or electrical and which parts he will need to hook that up. And thats just one piece

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    I put a G2 150 HO on my boat last April. If you go with the TRAC midsection you can use your existing hydraulic steering. Assuming your boat is a 2000 model it will have analog gauges. The basic rigging kit with flush mount controls will come with an analog to digital conversion box. All my gauges work as they did pre-swap. Go with the G2 hotfoot. Also buy the iLink wireless module, download the iLink app and you can see motor data on your smartphone.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    We're still waiting on the G3's to be announced probably 2 more weeks. I thought you were talking about a G3 Boat when I first saw your post.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The 200 HO is not available in the 66* block only the 74* block.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    The 200 HO is not available in the 66* block only the 74* block.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!
    Thats what I thought , that is why I asked about the steering .
    All Ho blocks have power steering.
    Why would I want no feedback BS adapter hook up ?
    This is amazing to me that a Platnum Dealer cannot quote motors .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veryspeedy View Post
    THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!
    Thats what I thought , that is why I asked about the steering .
    All Ho blocks have power steering.
    Why would I want no feedback BS adapter hook up ?
    This is amazing to me that a Platnum Dealer cannot quote motors .

Not it sure why you shouted back at Fred but not correct, you can get big block G2 with IHS as well as DPS. Not sure what a G3 is but really simple all you need for any big block G2 is a good quality helm and good quality flexible hoses of the correct length.

8. Member
    I did not mean to shout back sorry .I forgot my internet form manners.I ment thank you for all the info!

9. Member
    Thanks huey ! I get excided some times and rant .
    Cj

10. Member
    My dealer was refering to the G2 as G3 because he was talking about how the ficht was gen 1.

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    This makes me leary of that dealer..... The Ficht was not an ETEC.....