Ultrex issue on 205

So I installed my ultrex today and running into an issue that I dont know if anyone else has had. When I went to put it in the stowed position, it will not lock until its all the way down up against the fiberglass on the boat. None of my previous ultrex's have ever had to be this flat to lock into position. Is there anything I can do? Is there any way to adjust the lock on the ultrex? Any help is appreciated!

2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

2. Member
    Mine’s has about a 3/4’’ gap between the frame and the gunwale. It also has a pedestal it sits on that props it up about 1’’ higher than the gunwale too. I’d say you got it mounted just a shade too close to the gunwale. Sharp boat!!!

3. Member
    Yea its an ok boat ;) I used the same holes as the fortrex and wouldnt think there should be an issue. I may have to install a troll lock im thinking to make it work unless I can find some sort of rubber piece to put on the gunwale so it doesnt cause fiberglass issues. I'll hopefully have the rest of the boat for the most part done next week....went with BBT dual mount on the bow with both helix 9's and installing 360 and then ordered a new helix 12 g3n on a bbt mount for the console as well......im close on pulling trigger on the second power pole....i'll post some pics when its complete.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

4. Member
    If you want pics of mine text me.

5. Member
    I would shim the mounted part of the trolling motor up a tad till it doesn't hit anymore. Had to shim all the trollers on my bass cat because the troller would hit some switches.

6. Member
    I agree with the shim idea. It doesnt look like you need much. A small wedge like for a jackplate may work perfect. I think I saw youtube with Gerald Swindle where he did something like that although he was using the wedges to level the motor after mounting for transducer reasons.

7. Member
    Yea i seen that g-man video as well and your right it was for leveling the transducer when in the water. I ended up cutting my stabilizer bar to keep it about an inch off the gunwale and added the 360 so it keeps the weight back on it. If i have any issues with it strapped down while running I’ll go with a troll tamer.