nitro nx 898 2003 PROP

Anyone have this boat?

If so, what prop works well?

The dealer that sold me the used boat recommended either a 23 pitch fury 3 blade or a 24 pitch 4 blade prop.

Mainly looking for better holeshot. Current prop is a 3 blade tempest that looks a little beat up.

2. Member
    I have a 2008 model. Running a 225 Optimax and a 25 Fury. 6" jackplate. Took me awhile but found a good boat guy and he had the time and patience to work it all out for me. Tried several props and setups before it was right. Hole shot is good, top end is great. All around perfect set up for my boat.

3. Member
    I have the exact same boat with a Merc 150 XR6. It is underpowered as it rated for a 225. In the summer months I run a Tempest Plus 21" pitch. In winter I run the same brand prop but change to a 23" pitch. I am satisfied with the hole shot. It's a heavy boat, runs in the 50s which is fine for me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shabagad View Post
    I have the exact same boat with a Merc 150 XR6. It is underpowered as it rated for a 225. In the summer months I run a Tempest Plus 21" pitch. In winter I run the same brand prop but change to a 23" pitch. I am satisfied with the hole shot. It's a heavy boat, runs in the 50s which is fine for me.
    Thanks.

Why a different prop in the winter?

Got any pics of your boat?

What motor?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    What motor?
    IMG-0377.JPGIMG-0612.JPG

7. Member
    Cooler weather allows engine to develop more horsepower as i have been told.

8. Member
    I have the same boat just a 2005 with a 225 opti and run a 23 pitch Tempest and have a great holeshot and plenty of top end , I am fishing not racing and alot of the time I have 3 people in the boat. David

I have a 2004 NX 898 with a Merc 200hp EFI I am running a Fury 25P on mine and gets a great hole shot and top end. I also run a Trophy 25P 4 blade in rough water, when I really want to put it to the test I run a 25p Tempest I had all the props B and B.

10. Member
    I know this is an old post but I didn't find much else on this
    I recently bought a used nx898 with a 150 xr6 I was pretty happy with it the holeshot with 2 guys isn't great but it's tolerable today I tried with 3 guys me being the smallest at 215 lbs and I couldn't get it on plane I currently have a 3 blade 23 pitch prop unsure of the brand I'm thinking about a 4 or 5 blade but I don't know if I should lower the pitch top speed isn't my biggest concern and when I can't get on plane there is no top speed any help would be appreciated