transducer placement on back of champ?

where is the best place to mount the transducer for registering your speed, depth, and side imaging?

Mine is directly under the jackplate just above the drain holes on the transom

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    Mine is directly under the jackplate just above the drain holes on the transom
    Thanks

4. Member
    I've 2 on my 221. I mounted 1 at the bottom where the previous transducer was. Perfect images and reading bottom at 70 MPH.
    The other I attached to my CMC jack plate. I use one unit for mapping and the other for Sonar (TI 9" units). I spent months debating where to mount these transducers and hours looking at pictures. I didn't want to drill any new holes in the boat. They both look factory and work great. Good luck, I know what your going through.

5. Member
    i used a piece of 1.5 x 1.5 galvanized angle iron, welded the transducer bracket to it, and mouted the angle to the jackplate with 1/4" ss bolts, works great and wont rust...

6. Member
    can you guys post any pics of how you mounted them---mine will not read at speed where it is mounted thanks
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max