360, which would be better?

So hopefully someone will be able to help me with this question. I am starting to pull out some old wires and run some new ones for a new helix 10 g2 and I'm adding 360. After reading a few threads on here about having the 360 ducer on a switch I came to an interesting question for you guys. On my front switch panel i have an accessory button with what appears to be multiple leads. Have not throughly checked into it yet but they appear to be there.

Would it make more sense to attach 360 to a factory switch or should I just attach it to the regular block of positive and negative leads like a hydro wave and rely on the main battery switch of the boat? Pic below. What would make more sense or does it even matter? I just think if I'm not using 360 all the time I dont want to damage the unit by it running when I'm not using it.

2. Member
    I don't put much faith in boat wiring harnesses for modern electronics, I always run dedicated power lines through a switch to a dedicated fuse panel with ground buss. Power your 360 the same way through a switch for it as well.

3. Member
    +1 it’s a pia to run wires sometimes but it does save you from other pia’s so that’s what I did. Separate panel and block for the helix’s ,360 and Ethernet box.

4. Member
    i have 8g from battery to block under console (on a switch). from there to console graph. 10g to front carbon 16. 10 to front solix 12. and ran the 360 power off the front acc switch assuming it doesnt need dedicated power given its low amp draw.